How do I change how Mario moves on the title screen?
You will need Snes9x save states for this. No others work!
1) Make a new demo level on C7.
2) Copy the demo level to a level you can access directly on the overworld.
3) Put that level on the overworld and have Mario start there
4) Click on File > Title Screen > Install Title Moves Recording ASM... and click on Ok.
5) Run Snes9x and enter the demo level. Play however you want him to move on the title screen.
6) Make a save state when you finish.
7) In the Overworld Editor, go to File -> Title Screen -> Install Modes Playback ASM & Data.
8) Choose the save state you just made and test it.
9) If you're satisfied, then in the Overworld Editor, File -> Title Screen -> Uninstall Title Moves Recording ASM
Why shouldn't I die in the title screen?
You'll get stuck in the title screen level until you reset.
How do I stop title screen movement/looping altogether?
Apply this xkas/Asar patch:
How do I edit the title screen logo and border?
From the Overworld Editor, go to File -> Title Screen -> Load Title Screen -> Yes.