The Hooray! - Fishing Season is a quirky, condensed hack, bringing some weird and unusual ideas with straightforwards and intuitive level design.
You can play as Mario or Luigi (Hold L while entering a level to play as Luigi - R for Mario). Collecting coins upgrades your Reserve Item box - the max upgrade Mario gets is a Fire Flower, while Luigi gets a stack of 2 Super Mushrooms. There's also one other character you may find and play as periodically, but we don't talk about her!
It also includes custom music, some silly ASM, and a guaranteed good time.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
- Fixed the scrolling right in the Bonus room.
- Added a Bonus Room in 'Welcome to Stream'. It's also an alternate way of finding the secret exit.
- Added a Bonus Room in 'Rex Rock! Let's Go!'. Doubles as a shortcut to the end.
- Addressed the 'bad BG positioning' in the vertical part of Rex Rock as it did not really get the intended effect of background water, apparently.
- Changed around some message boxes, including the removal of the French one in the first level.
- 'Sinking Feeling...' : Made it less likely for the Layer 2 to have weird things happen to it in the secret exit route.
- Rainy Revelations: Moved the first Whistling Chuck 1 tile so he will not summon weird-looking super koopas.
- Lakitu is still a jerk, unfortunately.
This is a very fun hack with very interesting new stuff, such as the possibility to choose Mario or Luigi between each level, the reserve box object which upgrades when collecting coins... and of course the angel Nancy !
10/10 (5 stars) Thank you very much to you and your team =]
Note: Playing this with ZSNES may result in occasional crashes which cannot be helped due to ZSNES being innaccurate and not having received an update in the last 8 years. Please use snes9x, bsnes/higan or ZMZ instead.