Inspired by hacks like Kaizo Mario World and Super Dram World, Korosu Mario World isn't actually about Mario at all. He's Busy.
In this hack, it's Luigi's turn to play Kaizo.
- Fixes item box sprite in Bowser fight
- Adds Save Prompt to secret level and Korosu Castle
- Fixes background in Vertical Level (for the most part)
- Fixes RNG jumps in New City Sky (see Linkdeadx2 comment below)
- Fixed ability to run over the top of Turn Back
- Changed Spikes to Munchers in Ghost House due to visbility complaints.
- Removed 1 Dolphin in Ula Lake before midway
- Moved pipe 1 block closer to left at the end of Ula Lake
- Fixes another frame-rule jump and awkward shell jump due to bullet bill in New City Sky
- Fixed Vertical Scroll is levels that did not require it.
- Patch is now BPS
- Fixed a potential softlock caused by Retry Prompt in Vertical Level
- Adds a message box about the secret exit in Galoomba Garden
- Fixes the first Chuck in Juz River (1.3 I accidentally changed it to a jumping chuck instead of charging.)
- Adds a Mushroom at the end of Happy Fun Time so the secret is not completely useless.
I will agree to disagree on the retry prompt, it's there because IMO going back to the Overworld after every death is tedious. Regarding the bonus room, how did you get there? There is no level that is designed to take you there the muncher floor was simply to avoid accidental softlocks. If possible though I want to fix anywhere that causes the player to end up there.
Wow, that was a blast.
The levels really have this easy-kaizo feeling to them. You might not want to give this hack to a TASer anytime soon though as I've seen (and used myself too) plenty of chances to sneak a power up out at the goal.
You have creative challenges that don't just plain rip-off kaizo Mario.
I've got but two complains.
1. The retry dialog is plain useless. It should be used for hard levels, not for kaizo ones. What's the difference you might ask. Well, kaizo is unfair. It kills you in ways that you couldn't have seen coming the first time around (eg invisible coin blocks) a level that is just hard could use many of the challenges you used here too but SHOULD generally be possible to beat the first time too.
2. The muncher floor in the bonus game. Again with the unfairness but this one is bullshit even for kaizo. Dying and unavoidable death after clearing the level (resulting in the level not being cleared and having to play it again) is just plain bullshit. Especially when people tend to savestate after the level is done fading out. I was able to rewind far enough but that's not a given.