You play as Bob Ross on his way to beat the devil.
Levels were inspired by paintings shown on Bobs series The Joy of Painting.
- 51 exits (17 x 3 modes. see below)
- A brand new difficulty selector
- BABY (For those who are new to kaizo)
- LIGHT (Should be beatable without savestates. Its the same as past versions with some little fixes)
- HARD (If savestating is your thing, do this. While it may be possible of beating savestateless its not recommended trying, only if you really like the game or is really confident of your skills)
- Retry System
- L/R disabled, BUT for parts where scrolling would be needed or helpful the game will scroll automaticaly. (its kinda experimental though)
Walkthroughs can be watched here:
This is just a minor update. Hopefully the last one.
- Fixed level name "Evergreens at Sunset" to fit all letters
- Fixed Vertical scroll setting on room 4 of level "Night Light"
- "Patched" boo rings to make them consistent (patched on version 1.2, but forgotten on 1.5)
- Removed a potential cheese on level "Nature´s Splendor".
first of all great hack . Baby mode is just the right thing to learn smw for me
I have a question. Has anyone tested this with a flashcard on real hardware? Can you save the game there? I'm asking because im trying to play this on my superNT unfortunately saving the game does not work there. Workes fine on emulator though. So would be great if we could find out if this is problem exists on a real snes or if its a problem with the superNT firmware.
Ive just tested it here, and yes, this is happening.. Im not sure why this happens or how to fix it. But ill see if i can do something about it. Luckily this problem apparently does not interfere with the gameplay in any way.
the first thing i have to highlight about this hack are the backgrounds. taken from bob ross episodes, they just look so beautiful and fit in so well.
i played the hack on the LIGHT difficulty and it is a decent challenge. nothing too brutal nothing easy.
i think some parts are a bit "meh" because they dont tell you for example if you have to jump or spinjump blindly. this is a wild guess and usually leads to a death. some indicator would have been nice but i guess it is kaizo after all.
the levels itself are nothing special. stuff that has been seen by now, yet still a fun experience to play.
im gonna be totally honest i thought about it for ~ 10minutes and could not decide if i give this hack 4* or 5* so... i flipped a coin.
and the result is 5*.
ps: i played the first 2 levels on the baby difficulty and didnt really notice any major changes so im not sure how much the difficulty adds. but hey you have the option another bonus.
i can only recommend this hack, even if you never saw anything from bob ross. just for the backgrounds and the afro alone <3