This hack was originally made as a side project. Now it's got yet another update.
This hack is a creative puzzle stage made just on one screen (two sub-screen boundaries). The challenge is to get to the orb on the top of the level. Knowledge of glitches and minimal savestate usage are required! No more spoilers here.
Differences between versions:
- added custom music to the level
- removed the mist
- changed the palettes
- edited the Yoshi part
- improved the intro level
- changed the info level
- insterted the Block Duplication Fix patch
- changed the palettes
- added the new title screen and the intro level
- added custom palettes in the overworld
- added a few slight changes in the main level and fixed a break
- made it so you can play the puzzle level as Mario after finishing it
- added a minor change to the main level
- fixed the event in the overworld
- edited the title screen
- edited the level, so it doesn't have any breaks (you can't use Yoshi's tongue to regain a P-switch)
- edited the intro message, so it says "Rainbow Man" at the signature
I went ahead and bumped this up to Kaizo:Hard since we are aiming to keep kaizo:light tool-less. The difficulty is similar to that of other hacks in the section such as Tatsujin Mario or Kuso World.
I'm not a big puzzle guy myself, but I know a decent amount of glitches from playing the game way too much. This hack didn't prove to be super hard on the puzzling side of things, pretty common glitches/exploits were used. Most of the difficulty is due to tight frame windows to perform certain maneuvers.
I'd say its worth a play if you enjoy puzzles and glitches and don't want to commit a large amount of time to a puzzle hack.
I understand. I wanted to make it even more puzzling and so you can play as Mario if you've finished the level already. Kaizo hack mods were okay with it and if the person who moderates this is different and rejects that, I'll make it not force 2-player option.
And why that harsh 1 star only for forcing 2-player mode for an either way good level?
I do not understand you because you have a Switch Palace so easy.
In addition, if you play with 1 player, he will be stuck in Switch Palace, forcing the player to start or restart the game.
Did not you put the levels in the same world? Why force the player to die or reset?
This is the first to work with two players, and those of Luigi die Mario is trapped in the Palace, forcing the savestate with Luigi.
Apply Retry in this hack ... There is a lot to do with this in SMWC.