The notation was right, I do however have some advice to make this more accurate. The First thing I noticed right off the bat is was super quiet compared to the original, I'm talking like 50% quieter so I went ahead to put the global volume to 255. After that I played with it and it looks like your volumes per channel are off as well by an average of -15 to the v command. Another thing was the tuning, your sampled was tuned a tad sharper than the original (should be $4D not $50). For these 2 last subtle details, it's nothing too major but you can always check the SPC700 player's levels to see where these values come from. The last thing was the original was more legato so for this port I'd say really use the $f4 $02 command bc yes, it really did make all the difference. While there were no major inaccuracies, I'd really recommend tighty these details up to help give it that final polish.
Also please refrain from using tags outside of the tags list (please).