Banner
Views: 737,741,545
Time:
17 users online: o Blind Devil, chillyfox, ComradeKirby, o Decoy Blimp, o Deeke, DPBOX, EETI, Enan63, Face, Multi-Paul, Pancake001, PyroLagus, RollingRigatonis, Sixtare, Stairkase, Taffy, westslasher2 - Guests: 71 - Bots: 192Users: 38,809 (1,925 active)
Latest: Multi-Paul
Tip: Linear levels aren't necessarily a bad thing. After all, most official Mario levels are fairly linear.Not logged in.
The Southern Severe Weather
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Forum Graveyard - Hot off the Press - The Southern Severe Weather
Pages: « 1 »
I just got my power turned back on after four days without it. And I have to say I am very greatful that was the only thing harmed at my house. I live in northern Alabama, and wednesday was a living hell. A nightmare. I nearly had a heart attack. The weather was so scary and bad. Our household family has been blessed by the fact that we still have our house completely unscathed, we have our supplies, we have our family, when other people, not even MILES away from us, have their homes destroyed and themselves killed. It's a terrible thing to see, these damaged houses. It makes you think "what if that was my house?"
I don't know HOW we got through this without any problem at all, all I know is I have been trying to volunteer the best I can around my community and they have just been great to us. I am glad to have come out of this well and with all of my family and things, I'm wishing the families of the departed and the familes without homes and power and food the best, and although I'm not a religious guy at all, I'm praying for everyone out here.
Pretty much what happened was most of the southern states, such as Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. have faced record breaking storms that have been producing tornadoes throughout the area.
Currently Alabama is under Martial Law and the govorner has declared a state of emergency. There are people who were less unfortunate than us, yet we're perfectly fine.
I am going to say, again, although I'm not extremely religious, I can't say this was a miracle. That's not possible. Me, my family, our whole town and community are blessed to be alive. Hell, to have a home, food, electricity, the basics to live.

Edit: Negatives aside, after the storms, everyone pulled together and helped one another. We all survived through this with each other. I must say I'm gonna miss playing board games in the dark with my family.

Edit again: If anyone wants to ask any questions I'm usually on IRC or PM me.

--------------------
ADMINS PLEASE MAKE E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS A THING I BEG OF YOU
Omg, did you died?

--------------------

Warning: Opinions expressed by Lexie or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Lexie himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.


Yoshi's Island Disassembly C3 Thread
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
Yoshi's Island Disassembly Data Dump Wiki
Originally posted by Alexander
Omg, did you died?

Whaaat?
Originally posted by Alexander
Omg, did you died?

......Yeah. I totally died.

--------------------
ADMINS PLEASE MAKE E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS A THING I BEG OF YOU
Kieran just coded in posting from the afterlife.
Sorry, I had to.
Also, Devann, we had those storms here, but not nearly as bad. I'm quite glad your house wasn't damaged. I can relate to being without power - we lost power for five days during the 2010 winter ice storm. (Our landlord lost power for 15.)

Celarix | [email protected] | Avatar by Uhrix
Originally posted by The Secret Exit
Kieran just coded in posting from the afterlife.
Sorry, I had to.
Also, Devann, we had those storms here, but not nearly as bad. I'm quite glad your house wasn't damaged. I can relate to being without power - we lost power for five days during the 2010 winter ice storm. (Our landlord lost power for 15.)

Yeah that storm was pretty bad. WE got like 4-5 inches of snow and were out for a WEEK.

--------------------
ADMINS PLEASE MAKE E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS A THING I BEG OF YOU

I know how you feel, I live in the huntsville-madison area and didnt have power for 5 days. My family and I went driving towards Athens and Harvest and there was just destruction everywhere. Power lines, trees, houses, all just blown away. I felt so lucky that our house escaped the worst of it (We have some minor damage on our roof, but that's it). My heart goes out to those families of the 328 dead and to all of the families who lost their homes.




Originally posted by VMAN4567
I know how you feel, I live in the huntsville-madison area and didnt have power for 5 days. My family and I went driving towards Athens and Harvest and there was just destruction everywhere. Power lines, trees, houses, all just blown away. I felt so lucky that our house escaped the worst of it (We have some minor damage on our roof, but that's it). My heart goes out to those families of the 328 dead and to all of the families who lost their homes.


Oh no they raised the death toll from 250?
That...really sucks.
Also, feels cool to meet another SMWC'r from Northern Alabama. Nice to meet you.

--------------------
ADMINS PLEASE MAKE E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS A THING I BEG OF YOU
This sounds horrific. Had I taken a family trip to Virginia one week later... I would've had to suffer through it as well. Glad to see you survived the nightmarish tempest without any major losses. I would pray for the South if I weren't an atheist as well.

--------------------
Wow I can be such a dramatic faggot sometimes holy shit the cringe.
Where i live, if it's rain season, it can rain like hell, and floods aren't uncommon. Blackouts are extremely common too. When it's dry season, it's extremely hot, but still, it's nothing compared to that.

We had a pretty severe weather last year. Storms and floods all the way, with a lot of victims. However, my house was fine, luckily.

--------------------
"4shitkids changes the voice of anime, censored anime, and created ghorrible shows. 4KIDS UCKS.
- 13 year old me
I just realized the title of this is Southern Severe Weather. Well, I haven't really been experiencing much Severe Weather, it's just really hot, which is pretty normal.
I'm not sure how Southern you'd consider southwest Missouri, but we've had more than our fair share of severe weather lately. A massive EF4 tornado pretty much destroyed Joplin on Sunday. The damage has been compared to that of a nuclear explosion. We were fortunate enough to be completely out of the twister's path. My mother, who was considering going back to church, was actually THANKFUL that she was too sick to go since that church was likely destroyed.

--------------------
"Experience, lad. You should learn to appreciate it."
-Kup, Transformers: The Movie 1986
Originally posted by Gamma V
I'm not sure how Southern you'd consider southwest Missouri, but we've had more than our fair share of severe weather lately. A massive EF4 tornado pretty much destroyed Joplin on Sunday. The damage has been compared to that of a nuclear explosion. We were fortunate enough to be completely out of the twister's path. My mother, who was considering going back to church, was actually THANKFUL that she was too sick to go since that church was likely destroyed.


My cousin lives in Missouri. I've heard about that on the news and such, it's absoloutely horrible. And now they're saying Oklahoma has got some pretty bad ones, too.
Man, it seems God is trying hard to kill us off.
Repent, people. The end is near. 2012! 2012!

--------------------
ADMINS PLEASE MAKE E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS A THING I BEG OF YOU
Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Forum Graveyard - Hot off the Press - The Southern Severe Weather

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 25

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented