Because every forum needs rules.|
1. When asking for help, please be as informative as possible!
"Can you help me with my port?" is not being informative. Listing specific problems you are having, such as insertion problems, sample issues, and what-not, will help people help you.
2. Please make sure your SPCs play and your samples sound decent before you show them off!
We aren't asking for perfection--we just don't want people's ears bleeding when they listen to what you've made. Continuously posting buggy files will get you removed from the forum.
3. If you take on a music request, either fulfill the request in decent time or respectfully decline!
People in the midst of making a hack and who request ports or compositions generally want them in good time. If you simply can't fulfill a request in a decent time (to be worked out between you and whoever made the request), apologizing and declining is a much more mature action than keeping people waiting for months and months.
4. PLEASE use common sense when making and requesting music!
When making a request, be as specific as possible. When considering taking a request, consider your competency level--being a new porter and taking on a highly complex song is usually not a good idea.
5. Remember, the general site rules still apply!
Every rule in this thread still applies here! Flaming, trolling, spamming, and other rule-breaking behaviour will lead to a ban from this forum and/or a more severe site ban.
6. Please refer to the appropriate people when you need help involving this subforum!
imamelia, Lui37 and Torchkas are the three primary moderators here. Masterlink is available, but is not assigned to help this subforum as a primary function, contact him only if one of the other three are not available. S.N.N. is a retired administrator on the site. Do NOT ask him for musical help or for help with minor issues in the subforum. He is your LAST resort.
7. Edit your ID666 tags on the SPC files for you people who submit to the music section.
Please, for the love of god PLEASE edit the time and title tags if you can. If you use Winamp+SNESamp, press Alt+3 to edit the tags before you submit them so we don't have to. Preferably 2 loops + 10 second fade out. If you use foobar2000 use the properties and tagging options from right clicking the song on the playlist
8. Give constructive criticism.
When someone shows off ports in the SPC showoff thread, give more than just "OMG AMAZING!!!!!1111!1!!one", especially if they ask for it but speak to them in a language they can understand at the same time.
Thanks, and happy porting!
Also, join our IRC music channel #imamusic if you need further help.