Okay, we're now at the time everybody has been waiting for! Each user will vote for their favorite .spc and their least favorite 6 in the pack of 14 .spcs I have. The order will matter only in that in the case of ties.
Example: the user who was selected first in least favorite 3 times will lose to the user who was selected first in least favorite 2 times and and second 1 time.
This is a slight change from the originally planned method, but I find that this is a better idea and will prevent a massive tie for last place.
-------------------- Are you an ASM coder and want 20$ on your Steam, PS4, or Xbox One accounts? Private Message me for details. (I also offer SMW Custom Songs in exchange for ASM! I don't do ports though unless it's to remix.)
Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.
Are you a sample porter and wanna help with 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Private Message me or Mellonpizza for details.
I decided to rank all of them just for the heck of it. It was hard, though, even harder than just picking out seven.
1. Pain The Universe - I like it. Channels 0, 4, and 5 in particular seem well-done. Why didn't you use #6 instead of #4, though, since it's only 6 channels? Actually, on that note, you could probably have used all 8 channels and made it a bit fuller, since it's from a 32-bit game. Still, though...it sounds like a great dramatic boss theme.
2. Northern Kremisphere - Sounds very accurate.
3. Taking Over the Halberd - Pretty dang accurate, I'd say.
4. marisaw3 - Not bad. (But for Pete's sake, why don't you guys title your SPCs something more descriptive?! It's a good thing I've heard of Super Marisa World....)
5. hoohoo - Sounds all right. Again, though, give the SPC a better freaking title. Not everyone has played these games.
6. lolmexican - Sounds good, although I wouldn't have known what the original is if I hadn't asked. How was I supposed to find it? I can't exactly search "lolmexican" on YouTube...I should dock you points just for that.
7. Grape Garden - Sounds good. I take it this is a 16-bit remix using samples from a SNES Kirby game?
8. Theme of Gray - Sounds accurate from what I can tell, although not that memorable of a song.
9. Where Cacti Grow - Sounds okay, but awfully repetitive...is this a custom composition?
10. Gerudo Valley - Sounds okay, but could use a few more channels (for instance, the "clap" sounds are completely missing).
11. MM7 intro stage - Sounds...okay, I guess, but unless you're specifically trying to make a remix, what's the point in sampling music from a SNES game and then not actually using samples from the same game? (Especially when you have BRR samples to work with.) I think the loop is also off.
12. Holy Land - Sounds good, but the echo buffer overflows, so...there you go. If you use an echo delay of 6, you have to set the echo buffer start address to $2500 or less.
13. Beat Them Up! - Sounds good, but sample 26 overlaps the echo buffer. (Yes, it's possible to screw that up even in AddmusicM.) So I really can't not put this one on the least favorite list.
14. Treetop Rock - Way too empty. The original used all 8 channels; this one never uses more than 3 at once.