Banner
Views: 693,025,492
Time:
4 users online: Alcaro, Fullcannon, o RPG Hacker, westslasher2 - Guests: 51 - Bots: 144Users: 36,299 (1,496 active)
Latest: DizzyBot
Tip: Verify that your hack's BPS patch is functioning correctly before submitting it.Not logged in.
The ASM Requests Thread
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - ASM & Related Topics - The ASM Requests Thread
Pages: « 1 244 45 46 47 »
Originally posted by Tsutarja
I remember doing this potion flask & a subspace patch, but hell, they're so heckin badcoded and i doubt ppl here would use it, judging by the amount of freespace it uses. (also, it's not even a little user-friendly)


That's very understandable.

However I really believe that the concept of throwing a flask and spawning a door to could be changed into something else. It could be a screen exit, +1 address exit, predetermined exit, normal exit, secret exit.

This way it can have a function that fits with hacks, rather than making something really niche and really complicated.
Originally posted by Conal
Originally posted by Tsutarja
I remember doing this potion flask & a subspace patch, but hell, they're so heckin badcoded and i doubt ppl here would use it, judging by the amount of freespace it uses. (also, it's not even a little user-friendly)


That's very understandable.

However I really believe that the concept of throwing a flask and spawning a door to could be changed into something else. It could be a screen exit, +1 address exit, predetermined exit, normal exit, secret exit.

This way it can have a function that fits with hacks, rather than making something really niche and really complicated.


Yeah, you could probably do it by making the door spawn a "goal sphere" (not a real one) that lets you travel to other exits or whatever?
Is there a simple "level end when boss dies" that can be added to a boss sprite?
The level ender sprite doesn't work in my case.

My sprite is Bowser by Mikeyk

--------------------
Super Mario Pants World by Romano338 - Playthough
Luigi's Lost Levels by Romano338 - Playthough
Baby Kaizo World by Romano338 [Cancelled] playthrough
Originally posted by Romano338
Is there a simple "level end when boss dies" that can be added to a boss sprite?
The level ender sprite doesn't work in my case.

My sprite is Bowser by Mikeyk

The Bowser sprite acts like a Sledge Bro except Mario canít jump on him and he spits fire.
Originally posted by bruninhopz
Originally posted by Yoshin
https://bin.smwcentral.net/u/27050/bowser.bin


He'd be made out of 32x32 tiles.
If you want a walk animation, you alternate the bottom left and bottom right 32x32 tiles.
If you want firebreathing, you swap out the top 64x32.
If Bowser jumps, you could either swap out the entire sprite, or just the bottom half. It's basically an edit of the smb1 bowser just made bigger. obv you'd have to throw the hammers and fire into sp4 since this is a big boy.


Great idea, of course I would use this in my hack, I hope it will be done


You know, all of this reminds that I have a new request for all of you.
Here is my request.

Name: Super Mario Maker Bowser and Bowser jr.

Type: Sprite

GFX: https://www.spriters-resource.com/download/69739/

Description: Bowser from Super Mario Maker Acts exactly like the SMB1 Bowser. He is very customizable, the size is adjustable. Bowser will walk back and forward his own way not like a Sledge Bro. and spit fire, then he chases Mario if heís behind him. Take 40 fireballs hits until he dies. If Mario touches Bowser, he will push him back causes him knockbacks and he will hurt you. If the extra bit is set he will throw hammers or he will spit fire from above to make fireballs fall from the sky.
As for Bowser Jr., he acts like in SMM and just like Bowser, heís very customizable including size adjustments. He will hop and spits big Reznor fireballs at Mario and attacks him with his spinning shell. If the extra bit is set, he will throw hammers.
Super Mario Maker Bomb Patch/Sprite

A bomb that functions similarly to the ones found in Super Mario Maker. Could either be a sprite for its own custom mechanics, or a patch that changes how the original bomb works.
Assuming it becomes a sprite, graphics could use the preexisting bomb graphics found in SMW.
A patch would make it so the original bomb mechanics are lost, but a sprite would allow the original bomb to stay within the game without changing anything.
Two links below demonstrate how the bomb could act. First is an easier bomb level, second is harder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fztJmYxTxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grz3eih62Us

If Mario spins onto this new bomb, it should get launched dependent on where Mario hits it (hits from left, launch right, vice versa). Once hit the first time, it should activate the bomb's timer, then eventually explode.
Originally posted by MiniMawile303
Super Mario Maker Bomb Patch/Sprite

A bomb that functions similarly to the ones found in Super Mario Maker. Could either be a sprite for its own custom mechanics, or a patch that changes how the original bomb works.
Assuming it becomes a sprite, graphics could use the preexisting bomb graphics found in SMW.
A patch would make it so the original bomb mechanics are lost, but a sprite would allow the original bomb to stay within the game without changing anything.
Two links below demonstrate how the bomb could act. First is an easier bomb level, second is harder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fztJmYxTxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grz3eih62Us

If Mario spins onto this new bomb, it should get launched dependent on where Mario hits it (hits from left, launch right, vice versa). Once hit the first time, it should activate the bomb's timer, then eventually explode.

Chris has made his own walking bomb sprite. Look at this video. Maybe spin jumping on them will make them slide on the ground like in SMM. I think there will be a patch for that.
Originally posted by CalHal

Chris has made his own walking bomb sprite. Look at this video. Maybe spin jumping on them will make them slide on the ground like in SMM. I think there will be a patch for that.

thats just patch and custom block that makes specif blocks/map16 tiles to break with explosions

--------------------

This is hard for me to explain. Installing the raccoon patch and ersanio's p meter patch may help understand better.

Anyway when I fly up, then I'm coming back down. As Im falling I can make the p-meter fill up again. I only want it to be able to fill up while on the ground. Like in smb3. I'm sorry this is a piss poor way of explaining it, but I can't think of any other way :(


Edit:
I figured out the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.
After flying has worn of mario should begin to fall like he is coming down from a jump. But he instead keeps his flying pose. Can anyone help me make mario begin to fall normal after flight is over.

--------------------

NoALT



Captain Toad is returning to your SNES.
My first completed SMB 1 hack is finished.
Uncle Mario Bros.
Originally posted by zacmario
This is hard for me to explain. Installing the raccoon patch and ersanio's p meter patch may help understand better.

Anyway when I fly up, then I'm coming back down. As Im falling I can make the p-meter fill up again. I only want it to be able to fill up while on the ground. Like in smb3. I'm sorry this is a piss poor way of explaining it, but I can't think of any other way :(


Edit:
I figured out the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.
After flying has worn of mario should begin to fall like he is coming down from a jump. But he instead keeps his flying pose. Can anyone help me make mario begin to fall normal after flight is over.

A quick search turns up at least three different raccoon patches - which one in particular might you be using?

In the meantime, though, educated guess suggests your problem is RAM address $72 - finding a way to set it to #$24 after flight is over would probably fix your issue. Normally it gets set to #$0C when jumping from a full sprint (as one must do to fly), which allows the player to accelerate in midair until landing.
Originally posted by CalHal
Originally posted by Romano338
Is there a simple "level end when boss dies" that can be added to a boss sprite?
The level ender sprite doesn't work in my case.

My sprite is Bowser by Mikeyk

The Bowser sprite acts like a Sledge Bro except Mario canít jump on him and he spits fire.

Basically yes, that's why I'd like the piece of code to end the level, but I don't think it'll happen

--------------------
Super Mario Pants World by Romano338 - Playthough
Luigi's Lost Levels by Romano338 - Playthough
Baby Kaizo World by Romano338 [Cancelled] playthrough
Pages: « 1 244 45 46 47 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - ASM & Related Topics - The ASM Requests Thread

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2018 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 23

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented