|File Name:||Autoscroll Enhancer|
|Submitted:||2017-05-14T04:36:34+02:00 by Erik557|
|Requires Free Space:||Yes|
|Description:||Rewrites sprite F3 (Auto scroll) to allow: |
- Autoscroll in vertical levels
- Custom autoscroll speeds
- Autoscroll that goes to the left
The direction of the autoscroll will depend on the extra bit of the sprite.
Check the ASM file for more info and to modify the speeds.
e: i forgot to add in the moderation notes that it obsoletes this
- The first problem is that the vertical autoscroll scrolling to the top doesn't work if Mario is placed too low.
- Another problem is that the kill-zone at a downward vertical autoscrolling. It sometimes doesn't kill you and if the camera is too low, it also allows you to fall down through ledges.
- Some people also had problems that the scrolling sometimes overshoots in vertical levels in either directions.
Another note is that its user-frendliness could be optimized a bit more like you don't have to disable vertical scrolling for vertical autoscroll manually.
And I also believe that the overshooting problem when the scrolling rate is too fast, can also be fixed.