Banner
Views: 737,711,462
Time:
22 users online: Arobam, BeeKaaaay, bladeoperator, BlooberryPi, chickaDEE Magazine, cosmo, o Deeke, Fullcannon, idol, Maniek, MastaBuizness, Nowieso, Rykon-V73, SmokyShroom, squ0g, Stiviboy, SubconsciousEye, supermargot, TCgamerboy2002, The Yak Smoker, WhiteYoshiEgg, Yung Gotenks - Guests: 72 - Bots: 156Users: 38,805 (1,932 active)
Latest: 54Lightning
Tip: If you're using the original SMW ending, remember that level 104 (Yoshi's House) will appear during it.Not logged in.
Humongous Entertainment games
Forum Index - Donut Plains - Gaming - Humongous Entertainment games
Pages: « 1 »
Who else has played these games? As a kid, these were hands down my favorite computer games and I ended up playing most of Junior Adventures games plus a few of their arcade-style games. I also had some of their edutainment games, like the three Let's Explore games (which were pretty fun) and Big Thinkers. I never had any of the Backyard Sports games, but feel free to talk about them if you played them.

I've revisited some of them recently, either by playing them or watching playthroughs, and also checked out a few I've never seen before (like Freddi Fish 1). Just some observations as an adult:


-This is probably as intended, but the Putt-putt games are obviously meant to be the youngest-oriented tier of Humongous games. Putt-putt Goes to the Moon is still fun, mainly for its setting, but I can't imagine that anyone who's over 10 and without the nostalgia of playing them as a kid would want to play through them.

-Freddi Fish, like Putt-putt, is obviously meant for younger kids, but it's much more interesting for its underwater setting (imo, the best artwork of any Humongous games.) This series, and Putt-putt, are supposed to be for kids 3-8, and the dialogue in the games definitely feel intended for the younger half of that age group.

-The Pajama Sam series, even though they're intended for the same age group as Putt-putt and Freddi Fish, are a lot more interesting and is probably the best series that Humongous ever made. Sam, by the way, is basically a blue-skinned Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes (a six-year old kid with an overactive imagination.) In terms of the writing and humor, it almost feels like it was made for a Nicktoon, so it's still pretty fun years later.

-I think Spy Fox holds up decently well, but the James Bond jokes can be kind of cringeworthy now that I understand them (the fact that it's basically a parody of the spy genre completely went over my head as a kid.) The art is also really distinct, compared to the other games (really thick outlines, slightly abstract shapes, less detailed backgrounds, etc.) The humor's also edgier than the other games (meaning, on the level of Spongebob). And maybe it's because these games are meant for older kids (ages 5-10) but there aren't as many "clickables" in the game (objects you can click on for fun) and the ones that are there aren't very interesting.

--------------------


I had a few of them when I was like 5 or 6. They were neat point and click adventure games at the time. Not entirely sure but I think my dad got them on a three-pack discount or something. I always liked these mystery hunt games as a kid.

Freddi Fish 1, 2 and Water Worries, Putt Putt saves the Zoo, the racing one and balloon-o-rama. I remember having Pajama Sam Sock Works, too.

HG also made some licensed Blue's Clue's games that I remember liking. Blue's Birthday and Blue's Treasure Hunt.

The Freddi Fish and Putt Putt games also had these Pajama Sam and Spy Fox demos, IIRC. I remember always wanting to play the Pajama Sam games but either dad didn't want me buying any more games or we just couldn't find them. I do remember never having any interest for the Spy Fox ones, never really grabbed my attention.
Originally posted by Bad luck man
I had a few of them when I was like 5 or 6. They were neat point and click adventure games at the time. Not entirely sure but I think my dad got them on a three-pack discount or something. I always liked these mystery hunt games as a kid.

Freddi Fish 1, 2 and Water Worries, Putt Putt saves the Zoo, the racing one and balloon-o-rama. I remember having Pajama Sam Sock Works, too.

HG also made some licensed Blue's Clue's games that I remember liking. Blue's Birthday and Blue's Treasure Hunt.

The Freddi Fish and Putt Putt games also had these Pajama Sam and Spy Fox demos, IIRC. I remember always wanting to play the Pajama Sam games but either dad didn't want me buying any more games or we just couldn't find them. I do remember never having any interest for the Spy Fox ones, never really grabbed my attention.


Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Blues Clues games. I was really into Blues Clues when I was little, so I really enjoyed the two games. They were also the only Humongous games that came on multiple discs, if I recall.

The demos were a lot of fun, too, even though I had most of the games. One of the games I never had was Freddi Fish 1, and I didn't really know much about it until I watched Lucahjin's lets play the other day. For some reason, I always pictured the game as being sort of dark and somber (because the demo for Freddi Fish 1 IS kind of dark and somber). But no, it's bright and colorful, though they still outright say that everyone will starve to death if you don't solve the game, so maybe it is the darkest game by Humongous.

--------------------


Wow thanks BLM now I know what my favorite Humongous Entertainment game was called. Pyjama Sam: Sock Works is a fantastic game and I am deeply saddened by the fact I lost it. I want to play it for the first time in 4 years, dangit. Also I had a Putt Putt game with Pep on a pogo stick. Don't remember much of it, but I do want to play it again. Could someone give me a name or something?

Other games I owned were Putt Putt Saves The Zoo, the first Freddi Fish game probably (also another one with a level editor like the ones I talked about earlier), and I think I also had a demo of Putt Putt enters a race. Good times.

--------------------
Hack progress: 6/8 exits
Play the demo right here!
Secret of Evermore was actually created by some people who went on to work at Humongous (including the composer), so that's an interesting connection.

Originally posted by Minuy600
Wow thanks BLM now I know what my favorite Humongous Entertainment game was called. Pyjama Sam: Sock Works is a fantastic game and I am deeply saddened by the fact I lost it. I want to play it for the first time in 4 years, dangit. Also I had a Putt Putt game with Pep on a pogo stick. Don't remember much of it, but I do want to play it again. Could someone give me a name or something?


It's Putt-putt: Dog on a Stick.

Something else that surprised me is how many people thought Freddi Fish is a boy. Just check out the comments for any Freddi Fish playthrough. I guess they assumed she's a boy because of her name (even though, at least in English, -i usually ends feminine versions of otherwise masculine names like Bobbi, Terri, Gerri, etc.)

--------------------


I love the Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam games so much, I even still have the original copies too! Freddi Fish 3 has to be my favourite though..
Where i download or play online these games?
Check abandonware sites (PC software no longer supported by the devs).

I don't know if I can link em here.
Originally posted by Roberto zampari
Where i download or play online these games?


They're all available on Steam.

--------------------


Originally posted by Cascade
Originally posted by Roberto zampari
Where i download or play online these games?


They're all available on Steam.

All of these need to pay to play, i need to play free.
Originally posted by Roberto zampari
Originally posted by Cascade
Originally posted by Roberto zampari
Where i download or play online these games?


They're all available on Steam.

All of these need to pay to play, i need to play free.


I would check out some abandonware sites, then. Also, you probably need to the ScummVM emulator (which is free) to play the games on a modern system. You can also play LucasArts and Sierra games with ScummVM.

--------------------


Deer Avenger 2 was a VERY hilarious game for PC
Signed, one great guy!#
Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - Donut Plains - Gaming - Humongous Entertainment games

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 25

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented