Banner
Views: 738,132,543
Time:
21 users online: Amazee-Dayzee, aterraformer, Berk, CenTdemeern1, ECS.98, file, Green Jerry, KKevinM, mariofanboy010, MarioFanGamer, Mogu94, Mumbo, Pseudogon, snoruntpyro, SquidMan Raps, StrikeForcer, Supermariofreak -SMF, TheDutchLuigi, toad64, Tob, Yung Gotenks - Guests: 70 - Bots: 164Users: 38,838 (1,929 active)
Latest: kevnd
Tip: Remember, if you place a moon, midpoint, or Dragon Coin using direct Map16, it will always respawn when you re-enter that sublevel. Use the extended object instead.Not logged in.
Chocolate Quest by Me!
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Chocolate Quest by Me!
Pages: « 1 »
Hello! if you stop by to my hack thread, then i will like to say welcome! My Hack is called Chocolate Quest, the story is "Mario decides to go to Chocolate island, to take a break after the long work he has done. But Bowser decides to take over Chocolate island! Mario must stop him! anyways screenshots!













Anyways, thats all what i have i'm already done with 3 levels, so far! i will work on some more tomorrow! I hope you like what i have so far!
Hey guys sorry for the late post, i have been busy for a few days, but anyways more screenshots!



Anyways thats a lot more screenshots i have to show, now i hope i can get some even more levels done tomorrow!

I like it! Looks pretty fun!
Come check out my new upcoming ROMhack!
Thanks TheEvilKingBowser
Looks decent but I would try to cut down on the cement block spam in a lot of areas. It just doesn't look good aesthetically.

If anything try altering the graphics of the cement blocks to make them look better.

--------------------
Ryland Adams is HAWT
Shane Dawson is GOALS

♪♫ Now streaming JUMP˝ by JUMP Team ♫♪
Originally posted by Plasmodium00
Looks decent but I would try to cut down on the cement block spam in a lot of areas. It just doesn't look good aesthetically.

If anything try altering the graphics of the cement blocks to make them look better.

I replace the gray blocks with bones does it look better?
Sorry if i'm late again, but heres the next level!






Also 50th Post yay!
It's looking neat so far. Only issue I can see, there is some small cutoff:




Apart from that I like this stuff!
Design seems fine, but the level looks a bit monotone (maybe due to the brown pipes and stars). Some more variety would make it a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
Here are some more levels to show
World 2-Fortress

I had fun making this level, because i went a bit creative with the left and right Thwomp sprite.







World 2-Desert Cave









World 2-Bullet Bill Sand
Watch out for the crazy bullet bill is this desert level!









And thats all the 3 levels i'm finished now, i need to work on the 2nd castle!
You should really change the munchers colors in that last screenshot, simce right now the are pretty difficult to distinguish them from the background.
Originally posted by Darolac
You should really change the munchers colors in that last screenshot, simce right now the are pretty difficult to distinguish them from the background.


Or just change the sky color
New Super Mario World 2
Follow me on Instagram
I agree regarding the cement block spam. I'm sure most of those custom tilesets have their own solid blocks you can use. I know that cloud tileset seen in the screenshot with the Sumo Bro does. In that screenshot with the solid blocks under spikes, it would look better for there to be solid ground under the spikes. I really designed those to be placed on the ground/ceiling like stalagmites/stalactites. You should also consider using the corner tiles to connect the different chunks of ground/ceiling.


This is the screen I'm talking about where the spikes would look better with ground under them.

--------------------
"Experience, lad. You should learn to appreciate it."
-Kup, Transformers: The Movie 1986
Originally posted by Gamma V
I agree regarding the cement block spam. I'm sure most of those custom tilesets have their own solid blocks you can use. I know that cloud tileset seen in the screenshot with the Sumo Bro does. In that screenshot with the solid blocks under spikes, it would look better for there to be solid ground under the spikes. I really designed those to be placed on the ground/ceiling like stalagmites/stalactites. You should also consider using the corner tiles to connect the different chunks of ground/ceiling.


This is the screen I'm talking about where the spikes would look better with ground under them.


I Fixed it now does it look better?




Originally posted by Darolac
You should really change the munchers colors in that last screenshot, simce right now the are pretty difficult to distinguish them from the background.


I Changed the munchers color to blue does it look better?

Those long spikes look really neat actually. I dig it.

The munchers are still black though. You might need to think fancier than that.

--------------------
Ryland Adams is HAWT
Shane Dawson is GOALS

♪♫ Now streaming JUMP˝ by JUMP Team ♫♪
Well i can't freaking believe it, i made it to the end of World 2! with the castle!





Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Chocolate Quest by Me!

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 25

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented