|This page contains the tags you can use on your submission form, based on what you're submitting. Please make sure to place the proper tags. In case you find a tag that isn't present here, please PM one of the Graphics moderators, so that they can add the missing tag.|
When tagging your own submission, please describe the actual atmosphere of the graphics. Don't put tags such as your name, the game's acronym, and anything irrelevant.
- airship - refers to a ship that moves through the sky.
- beach - refers to the ocean or its shores.
- block - refers to a large metal block, as seen in Super Mario Bros. 3.
- bonus - refers to graphics commonly seen in switch palaces or bonus rooms.
- carnival - refers to carnival or circus themed areas.
- castle - refers to any castle or fortress.
- cave - refers to any rocky underground area.
- city - refers to a civilization with tall buildings.
- desert - refers to any dry sandy area, but includes oases.
- eastern - refers to east asian locales. Pagodas, bamboo, etc.
- flesh - refers to insides of animals or anything gorey.
- food - refers to anything resembling a common edible substance.
- forest - refers to any area with lots of trees.
- grassland - refers to any plain, meadow, or grassy area.
- haunted - refers to spooky, scary, or depictions of mass death.
- house - refers to the interior of a house or a sole house depicted.
- ice - refers to an area covered in ice.
- industrial - refers to industrial areas, like factories or laboratories.
- jungle - refers to a more tropical kind of forest.
- lake - refers to a non-ocean body of water.
- mechanical - refers to a mechanical or mechanized area
- mountain - refers to any mountain, cliff, or canyon.
- mushroom - refers to any area with mushroom platforms.
- night - refers to graphics with features that distinguish it as a nighttime-only graphic (e.g. stars, the moon.)
- pipe - refers to pipes as seen in Mario games or any sort of tubulation.
- pyramid - refers to the depiction of a pyramid or its interior.
- ruins - refers to any deteriorated or uninhabitable building.
- snow - refers to a snow-covered forest or grassland.
- sewer - refers to that nasty place all your shit goes.
- sky - refers to clouds and backgrounds that focus on high altitudes.
- swamp - specific subtype of forest, tagged because it is highly desirable.
- ship - refers to a ship that sails on water.
- space - refers to things you see in outer space.
- town - refers to areas with small houses.
- underwater - refers to areas under the surface of a body of water.
- volcano - refers to an area involving lava.
- wild west - refers to western-style plateau deserts, trains, and old west towns.
- wood - refers to logs, planks, or wooden blocks. Does not include forests.
- retro - refers to anything styled after 8-bit era games, like the NES or GBC
- 2bpp - refers to anything with 3 colors or less plus transparency per tile, e.g. an NES rip, or Layer 3 BG.
- abstract - refers to something specifically 'weird' and unnatural.
- realistic - refers to photorealistic ExGFX.
- silhouette - refers to an all black object against a colored background.
- texture - refers to a very small graphic that repeats often.
- Please use the correct name for the original sprite it replaces (or the sprite it is if it's for a custom sprite).
Examples: koopa, goomba, hammer bro, lemmy koopa, wendy o' koopa, grey platform, p-switch
- Please don't put the character's name for the tag, put the character's gender instead (male, female, genderless).
Note: We understand all fonts in SMW are actually monospace, but you can tell whether they're supposed to look serif or sans-serif or whatever.
- title screen - refers to something that can be used for a title screen.
- cutscene - refers to 4bpp 'fonts' that can be used in cutscenes.
- sans serif - refers to a sans-serif font.
- serif - refers to a serif font.
- script - refers to a script font.
- glyph - refers to cryptic, or ancient, or otherwise uncommon symbols and characters.
- monospace - refers to a monospace font.
If it's something else, use your best judgement.
- If it's a graphics swap/replacement, tag what it swaps: yoshi coin, coin, question block, turn block and so on.
- If it has some form of theme like grassland/ice, use one of those tags from the longer list above.
- patch needed - use this tag if your submission requires a third-party patch. Don't forget to specify in the Description what patch is required though!