! DO NOT !
! UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !
! CHANGE THE MEANING OF !
! ANY PART OF THIS THREAD !
! WITHOUT CLEAR CONSENSUS !
! IN TOP SECRET AREA !
! NO, DISCORD DOES NOT !
! COUNT AS TOP SECRET AREA !
|Site-Wide General Behavior Rules and Guidelines|
- Do not flame, troll, or make any post that proposes or projects hate onto any user or group of people.
- Be respectful of other users, don't bring personal drama into the site and don't use other users to vent.
- Do not submit copyrighted or commercial ROMs or any other illegal digital goods to the website. This also applies to your files, and the administrators will delete these without further notice. If you want to upload a hack, create a BPS file and upload that.
- Avoid creating contentless, spammy or otherwise unwanted posts or threads. This includes so-called "backseat moderating"; do not try to do the moderators' job. If you see an issue with a post, PM a moderator about it instead.
- Do not post or use in your layout any NSFW material. This mostly refers to pornography, but also includes lewd, suggestive or sexually charged material.
- Do not derail threads with specific topics by abruptly changing the subject to something else.
- Do not post anything that may hinder anyone's ability to browse the site such as by abusing CSS, copypasting long pieces of text, stretching the site's tables, etc.
- Don't use multiple accounts. If you've got siblings or other IRL friends who may use the same computer, or otherwise think you need another account, PM a moderator.
- Don't mess up thread history. If someone has replied to your post, don't delete or blank it unless your post contained sensitive information you no longer want public.
- Do not post, relay messages or submit content on behalf of banned users. Doing so bypasses the restrictions given to them, defeating the purpose of their ban.
- Most forums have a rule thread stickied at the top, read it before posting to get a general feeling on what's desirable there.
- You may not upload any illegal or harmful files to any part of the site.
- By uploading your file to the site, you are giving SMW Central a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to host and redistribute your file. If you can't grant us this license, do not upload your file.
- Your comment must have meaningful content. If you want to tell the author they did a good job, that's great, but do not comment just to post a meme, image or otherwise irrelevant content.
- Comments must be related to the submission at hand.
- If you are going to reply to another person's comment, make sure you stay on topic and add something helpful. Do not start conversations unrelated to the submission.
- General behavior rules apply. You are still expected to be respectful and civilized while commenting.
- Please avoid eye-searing font/color combinations or animations. If you can't read your own post without getting distracted, nobody else can either.
- Keep your layout size reasonable. We don't want to scroll past huge amounts of whitespace to read your post, or mistake your signature for your post because it's too big. Avoid things like 600px side images, and max-width and width: 70% on the main post box; the whitespace becomes huge on large resolutions.
- Avoid using images that have large file sizes in your layout. Some of our users have metered internet.
- Your layout must comply with the rules on Internet Explorer 11, as well as the latest versions of Edge, Firefox and Chrome. It's fine if it doesn't look the same between them.
- Make sure your layout is readable on all schemes. If you've got a background, change the text color too, and vice versa. This includes links.
- Don't use anything that causes slowdown. For example, Firefox doesn't like filter: blur.
- Please use your My Files space to upload anything pertaining to your layout. By doing this, we can be sure your files will not randomly vanish.
- Do not use HTML, CSS or similar in a way that hinders anyone's ability to navigate and use the site, for example creating horizontal scrollbars, letting your layout go outside the post, or letting parts of your layout cover the post. This includes your profile page.
If you have any questions, send an administrator a private message. Enjoy yourself!