i made a few sprites over the last few days; they're inspired by the Mario Bros (Arcade) enemies, albeit they're more modeled towards the GBA version ones.
they use custom interaction with the player, with bounce block sprites, with fireballs, with the cape, and etc.; they don't have special interaction with other sprites however.
existing sprites exist that are modeled after the same enemies, although i tried to add as much customization to these as possible; some features available across all of them are:
- fireballs can be set to kill the sprite; setting "spawns a new sprite" in the CFG editor causes it to turn to a coin as standard enemies do.
- if fireballs can kill the sprite, the "can be killed with 5 fireballs" setting can be enabled, and will also work with the sprite turning to a coin when killed unlike standard SMW enemies.
- cape can be changed to kill the sprite.
- blocks can be set to kill the sprite.
- stomps can be set to kill the sprite; if configured to say that mario cannot
stomp the sprite it'll hurt him instead, but he can spin jump off of it. this feature is disabled in the Spiny.
- the Spiny and Sidestepper can be set to stay on ledges.
- the Fighter Fly can be set to chase after the player.
- the Spiny, if spawned with $C2,x set to #$02, will appear as a Spiny Egg; compatible with Lakitu-esque sprites with a tiny bit of changing.
- all 3 enemies can be set to not shift colors beyond the one they're initially set at when they recover from a stun.
- if the extra bit is set, they will appear as the "medium" and "fast" variants depending on their initial X position.
- if $163E,x is set, they'll appear from behind the foreground (as if coming from a pipe); a shooter will spawn the enemies in this way.
- if $163E,x is set and the sprite is a Spiny spawned in the Spiny Egg state, it'll have full gravity; this means that the Spinies can be, for example, fired from a cannon.
funny enough i coded the SideStepper first and realized later that 60% of the code can just be reused in the other two sprites.
i might release these if there's enough interest