@ Giant_Shyguy: The FG, BG and SP palette really click there, but the objects and the brown blocks kinda clash with black outlines. try to make give them the same eerie palettes as rest of the level.
Well, I'll try to make them a little purple, since the normal colored coins have a big role in the level (they make life SO much easier for people who will play the level), and the Yoshi Coins also play a big role throughout the whole hack, and I want them to have a distinctive color so people could "easily" find or get them.
But I will change the spring board palette. Thanks for the compliments!
Every time I patch my rom or a clean rom, the rom gets messed up. Several things have already happened to me:
1. Sprites pass through Mario, but Mario could still hit blocks and get coins.
2. Layer Priority happens with all of the things that Mario passes by.
3. Rom crashes.
4. Bad Rom.
5. Something about cheksum(?)
How do I fix this? I really want to use the Piranha plant (as I would have a Piranha plant themed level) and I don't want a red stem or a fish stem.
Most of our SMW hacks have Over Worlds in it. This thread is dedicated to the most prominent evil of OWs...the dreaded perspective errors! (dnn dnn dnn!!!!)
I'm quite surprised that after years of hackers posting OWs in their threads with perspective errors, no one has ever thought to create a thread to stop this beforehand, so work in progress threads wouldn't be filled with post about perspective errors.
~Main Point of Thread~
For people confused on perspectives. There's a really awesome tutorial by Teo>insert numbers here< found in the third post.
Post a picture of the problem area or map here and anyone here will pitch in to help you.
So come on out and post your Over Worlds! Don't be afraid if you have perspective errors - it's part of the process!
1. Probably be messing with the dissasembly of the golden 1-up (if you mean the winged one).
2. Do you mean coins that give you 3 coins when collected? There are coins like these in the blocks section. Use BTSD to insert them.
3. Probably the easiest way would be to make a tile 25 act like that block but Mario could stand on it even if it's invisible. By ASM you'd probably need to have a second invisible coin block and get rid of the coins in the block.
Sorry that I didn't show you how to do that but I'm not the best with ASM and... I'm a lazy ass if it's going with ASM... :/
1. I don't get dissasemblies. What are they for? Also, is it possible to use the Golden 1-Up sprite for the beta 5-Up sprite?
2. Oh! Thanks!
3. Aww foo. That'll be tedious. But I'll try.
Originally posted by ninja boy
Well as wormer said about the invisible block that would work but you'd still be able to stand on it but why not just use the invisible ?-block that has a single coin in it?
1. I don't want to use the single coined ? block because the level my level already has TOO much coins in it, and I don't want the player to get easy 1-UPs.
Oh wow. I didn't notice that I didn't make the purpose of this thread clear inb the first post.
(I'm taking out the numbers in your UNs so...)
@Wormer: This thread is for anybody - not just for people asking for OWs and Submaps.
@Teo: (OH MY GOSH A, TUTORIAL!) Well, sometimes people get torn if it looks right or not. I mean, I read your tutorial (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT), but somewhere in the future I'll probably guessing if its right or not. This is when this thread comes in. Anyone who has a perspective issue and does not know what to do can post a picture here, and everybody could pitch in to see what the problem is.
@The latest Maxodex post: I don't really know if its advertising when linking to a tutorial, but now that I think of it, it may be not. But, I'll see what other people think.
- Singular Verbs: Verbs that indicate one action done by one noun. Ex: Mario always save Princess Peach from danger.
- Plural Verbs: Verbs that indicate many actions done by two or more noun. Ex: Mario and Luigi always saves Princess Peach from dangers.
Excuse me, but according to all English books (mine too) it should be like this:
Originally posted by Activating Grammar Digital Edition, page 62
Mario always saves Princess Peach from danger.
Mario and Luigi always save Princess Peach from dangers.