I think the hack is pretty good.
Despite the muncher spam, cutoff, and blatant edits
which aren't even bad, by the way
, this hack delivers a solid, enjoyable dose of gameplay with a consistent difficulty.
Originally posted by 678ruby678
The hack needs work
All hacks need work. There's no such thing as perfection.
For if a million people appraise your hack, at least one shall insult it.
The hack is great, but here's a few tips to make it even more amazing:
- Cutoff is not inherently bad
, but cutoff is usually a direct result of lazy level-making. Get rid of all cutoff.
- Sprites are not bad, either, but using too many is. Unless the level revolves around a specific sprite, don't use very many sprites.
- The intro is the first thing people see when they try your hack. Make it look special and enjoyable. It's also a good way to show people the effects of any custom blocks in the hack.
- There are too many lives in the first level. It's more than likely that anyone who plays it will use savestates, making lives obsolete.
Some things that aren't really bad, but bother "people"
- Invisible blocks. These show your relentlessness, serving as a diabolical way to tell the player "You will die, no matter what".
- Fake Map16 blocks. These are pretty bothersome, but they can be used to great effectiveness, especially in ghost houses.
- Having death blocks and munchers. That's nice to see a little variety in your death options. You can use munchers for on-the-ground deaths, and use death blocks in the air.
My first hack is Mario's Deadly Adventure
, which while still being a better hack (not bragging or anything, just stating fact), still needs quite a bit of work before it can be released.
Try my Kaizo hack!
I am a Bug Tester, Play Tester, and Proofreader.
Will accept other hacks.
Currently Testing: Nothing!
PM me if you want your hack tested.