Originally posted by Magmar
I have a pretty cool idea.
Iggy's battle platform that rotates 360 degrees, has Horizontal and vertical Thwomps and Iggy, with crazy obsacles all in one strange shape! I'm not sure whether that's possible or not but, it's still an idea. Also if Mario kicks Iggy into a certain amount of enemies it triggers the level finished ect...
Making iggy's platform rotate 360 degrees is possible. From the ROM Map
Originally posted by ROM Map
1C312 $03:C112 4 bytes Misc. Speed of rotation of Iggy/Larry's platform
There are other hex edits involving iggy's platform and the room in general. Just Ctrl+F and search for "iggy" in the ROM Map.
Here's an idea. You could have 2 levels in a stage, and set their Item Memory Index to the same number on purpose. Then you could make a puzzle based on collecting coins in one level to unlock a path in the other level. I experimented with this last night.
1. If you collect a coin, the coin in the other level at the same spot disappears.
2. It will not disappear if a vine eats it however (or is deleted some other way). Only if mario collects it.
3. It only works on coins, Dragon Coins, purple coins, invisible 1up blocks, and 3up moons. It does not work on throw blocks, or invisible coin/note blocks.
4. It works in a weird way with Map16 blocks. If you have a regular coin inserted via Map16, in the same spot as a coin inserted as an Object in the other level, collecting the Object coin will not make the Map16 coin disappear. However, collecting the Map16 coin will make the Object coin disappear. However, if you have two Map16 coins, it will not work; collecting one will not make the other disappear. That is weird. It works the same way for the other objects as well.
5. It works if a block turns into a coin via a p-switch (blue or silver) before being collected.
6. If you collect a coin in one level, then use Directional coins to put a coin back in the same spot, it will still count as collected, and disappear in the other level. If you have a coin in one level, but no coin at the same spot in the other level, you can use Directional coins to place a coin at the same spot in the other level and collect the coin, and it will make the other coin disappear.
7. The blocks it works with are interchangeable. You can have an invisible 1up block and a coin in the same spot in different levels, and collecting one will make the other disappear.
8. The blocks have a "collected" state that doesn't necessarily mean it disappears. For the 1up block, the collected state is a brown used block. For the others, it is nothing (it disappears).
9. The blocks are stored in the index by their X position only, as well as screen number. This means if you collect a coin in one level, then all coins in the other level sharing that coin's X position (above and below, regardless of Y position) are removed.