Tip: Layer 3 backgrounds and tides disappear when you hit a message box, so unless you apply this fix, plan your level around that. For example, you can add a sublevel without layer 3 at the start/midpoint, and include your message there.
- Wrong text messages show in some places.
- Wrong music is playing in some areas (like in the sky map - sky castle music is playing).
- In Radiatus Ruins there are custom enemies which die right when spawned.
- Crash after using the teleportation device in Cumulus Chapel.
- Crash when entering the world 6 boss battle.
- Is the high pressure water really supposed to be in the secret water sublevel of Brutal Beach Bash? I have played this level before Hydrostatic Halt and I had no idea that you had to press the up button to jump higher and as a result I was stuck.
I really like the theme. Very creative! It bugs me, however, that the third platform has a way bigger time limit that the first two despite the fact that the third gap is just as big as the second one.
Why are disassemblies allowed to be hosted here or linked to? They are derivative works of the original games and therefore it counts as distributing copyrighted materials. I think it would be smarter if they would be distributed, for example, as scripts that would disassemble the rom, then add comments etc.
I have mixed feelings about the colored koopas. They almost look like a tinted grayscale image. Also make sure that the leaves don't obscure too much of the level or it may be too frustrating. Other than that, there isn't a lot of stuff to comment on yet.