(To Shomi) Or you can download this Asar patch it you want to replace the Turn Blocks with the Brick Blocks.
How to patch:
1. Download Asar and extract the two files you just downloaded.
2. Move the .asm patch and the Asar's .exe to the same folder your hack is located.
3. Double click on 'asar.exe'.
4. Enter the filename of the brick block patch (Default: turnblockpatch.asm).
5. Now enter the filename of your ROM (Example: smw.smc).
6. Now test the ROM and see if it works!
6 years ago, Super Mario Advance 2 got a command-line tool that transplants vanilla SMW levels to SMA2: Link
From the SMWiki:
Originally posted by SMWiki
• Transplanting layer 1 level data
• Transplanting sprite level data
• Transplanting both level headers and the sprite header
• Transplanting screen exits
• Layer 2, both backgrounds and levels
• Vertical levels. If you have any sprites in vertical levels, the game will most likely crash upon loading
• Map16 blocks (it replaces all Map16 blocks from the first two pages with water in an attempt to make really old hacks somewhat playable. Later pages will crash the game)
• Secondary entrances
• Midway entrances, other than the screen number (SMA2 uses a different, currently unknown method of storing midway entrances' level number and X/Y position)
• Anything added/changed by Lunar Magic
• It seems object 3C is grass tileset. The arches have different method of calculating length (SMW length is exactly what you see in LM, SMA2 is "what you see in LM+1") and arches are longer in SMA2 than in SMW.
Support for the three new sprites:
• Sprite 12 - Coin collection block (normally found in Donut Plains 1)
• Sprite 36 - Yoshi coin sprite
• Sprite 53 - Yoshi coin sprite (behind fence)