Old-School Level Design Contest starts in
Views: 890,988,665
23 users online:  1UPdudes, 7 up, acorbin92, AmperSam, BootaNoBijuu,  brickblock369, CourtlyHades296, Darkguii, Dr.Moe, Holy Shinx, K.T.B., Klug, Mirann, PeterWinter, qantuum, Raoul, Riskbreaker,  Sinc-X, Skystarmania, Spy,  Stivi, Twiced_, uu3dot - Guests: 70 - Bots: 73 Users: 49,962 (2,314 active)
Latest: Raoul
Tip: If you give a Muncher tile custom graphics, it will still act like a coin when a silver P-switch is active, whether it looks like a coin or not. ExAnimation solves this problem.
Not logged in.
Posts by Xboy1282
Xboy1282's Profile - Posts by Xboy1282
Pages: « 1 »
How do you save shared palettes everytime I try to import a shared palette it just turns into a purple mess
When you set a level ID, you can't set it to 25-100, and when you try to go to any of those levels, it shows a test level, or a minigame level. (You also can't set the names of those levels either.) Is there a way to disable this, and if there is, what do you do to fix it?
This has already been solved, but for a tip, instead of selecting the pipe and pressing #lm{owexstar}, you can instead just press ALT+LMB (left click), and it will do the same thing
On my hack when you get secret exit 1 on level 4, it collapses the castle, even though level 4 is set to trigger event 4, and the collapse event is on even 5. It also goes the other way around. When you beat level 5 (the castle), and then get secret exit 1 on level 4, it doesn't take you anywhere. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Originally posted by JamesD28
Event numbers work so that a level's normal exit triggers event X, secret exit 1 triggers event X+1, secret exit 2 triggers event X+2, and so on. If you put a secret exit in a level you also have to reserve the next event number for it. Assuming there's only one secret exit in level 4, you should make the Castle use event 6 instead.

Thanks that was the main problem with my hack so far
I have some levels on my ROM where it lags or glitches because of too many sprite on screen so I tried to install the SA-1 patch but if you try to install it on a modified ROM it just gives a black screen so I would need to transfer all the data or start over if I wanted it on the ROM. Is there a way you can patch it on a modified ROM or any alternatives that you can do it on? I tried "No more sprite limits" patch but IDK how to install it and I couldn't find a readme anywhere and I'm not even sure if you can install it on a modified ROM or if it even does the same thing as SA-1.
Originally posted by Segment1Zone2
SA-1 requires a clean SMW rom in order to insert without problems.

If you're already using a modified rom then your best option is to port everything into a new one that's patched with SA-1.

As an alternative you can use the No More Sprite Tile Limits, like you mentioned. You insert the patch like any other patch, using asar. (It works on a modified rom, I think)

Edit: An even better alternative is to just remove some sprites in the levels where it lags. No ASM needed. #w{:>}

Thanks I just need to re-download it because when I re-download it looked completely different than the version I already had. NMSL didn't fix the lag but it did fix the glitches which I think is more important #smw{^_^}
Pages: « 1 »
Xboy1282's Profile - Posts by Xboy1282

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter


  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks