Old-School Level Design Contest starts in
Views: 890,978,044
22 users online: Aeon, ananknkniae, anonimzwx,  bebn legg, chickaDEE Magazine, D10s_Sah, Earthling, GbreezeSunset, imamelia, Jazzman287, Katrina,  Lazy, ModernKiwi, Neidave, Redwykelz, Ruiyabi, Runic_Rain,  RussianMan, sandragon13, Triple P, Von Fahrenheit, Worl - Guests: 86 - Bots: 74 Users: 49,961 (2,315 active)
Latest: Chadwick
Tip: Use PIXI to insert custom sprites into your hack.
Not logged in.
Posts by Goomba-24
Goomba-24's Profile - Posts by Goomba-24
Pages: « 1 »
I'm having a very interesting issue with HammerBrother's screen scrolling pipes. I followed all the instructions in this tutorial, and for some reason, Mario's sprite ends up really glitched out.

It looks like this:

This only happens in the demonstration level included with the patches. If I go into a level that doesn't contain any of the pipes, Mario looks normal.

I'm using sa-1 and the wall jump/note block glitch fix with my ROM. I installed Fixes.asm after the wall jump patch like it said in the tutorial. The only thing I was confused about was this: in Defines.asm (inside the SSPDef folder), there are these comments near the top:

;SA1 detector:
;Place this at the very top of gamemode_code.asm.
;Do not change anything here unless you know what are you doing.

Then there is a bunch of code. So according to the comments, I'm supposed to copy and paste the code into the top of the file gamemode_code.asm, and I need to do this in order for it to know that I'm using sa-1. I've looked (for too long) and I can't find gamemode_code.asm. Is this supposed to be included with something? And more importantly, is this why Mario's sprite is glitched or is that because of something else?

Edit: I tried installing it to a ROM without sa-1, and Mario still ends up glitched. Also, here are the versions of everything I am using:

Asar v1.7
GPS v1.4.1
Pixi v1.32
UberASM v1.4
Emulator: Snes9x 1.60

Thanks in advance for your help.
Originally posted by MercuryPenny
that's a demonstration code included with uberasm(tool). pick any level besides 105, or simply remove the test code from level 105 in level_code.asm (if you're using just the raw uberasm patch), or remove 105 test.asm from list.txt (if you're using uberasmtool).

Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that. I removed the test code and it works fine. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 »
Goomba-24's Profile - Posts by Goomba-24

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter


  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks