how about a giant chuck... (any size bigger than the other chucks xD)
-you could have his intro of him crashing through turn blocks :S (like chargin' chuck)
- he calls splitin' chucks (and or thows em xD) to attack mario
- he runs from left to right on a sky platform and/or elavator shaft-like level
- if he is too big to jump over make a extra platform for mario to jump on while he runs past
- he throws a buzzie beatle after every 2 splittin' chucks (+1 splittin chuck after every hit)
- 4 hp
- gets faster after every hit
- but he also starts jumping after 2 hits
- he thows out 2 hot heads after 3 hits that circle the platform
- after 1 hit he causes earthquakes after he throws a sprite
its a basic idea that can be manipulated and i havent seen a chuck boss yet
I've had several boss ideas in my head, so I'll submit them here over time. I have no ASM knowledge, so IDK how difficult these would be to code. Sorry if they're not very good, useful, or just unplausable.
My first idea is basically a giant flopping fish. He'd be 48X48, or whatever you said the limit was. He'd flop around randomly, just like a regular beached fish (don't know if you can code that, or copy it from the fish's code or seomthing). When he hits the ground, he creates stunning quakes. He also spawns hoards of other, regular flopping fish.
There will be water raising-lowering during the fight. When the water is high enough, the boss stops flopping and starts swimming like a regular fish would. If possible, he'd be coded to follow mario while swimming, but the real danger of the rising water is the other fish he spawns. If the player doesn't constantly kill off the fish while they're vulnerable, they'll become a threat once submerged.
The method to beating him is waiting for the water to rise, then swimming to the top of the screen and grabbing a pow block/key/shell and tossing it at him.
An alternate/joke version of this boss follows the same pattern, but without the rising water. You'd beat him by kicking him like any other fish. Best used after the real fight, to fake out the player.
I know I said I had more ideas, but the real world beckons. Later, I'll share the rest of my rambling concepts.
that sounds epic... and same im just learning the basics of ASM and im not too sure how hard my boss would be to make...
liking the 1st method of the water rising and throwing things at hm... that awsome