Tip: Layer 3 backgrounds and tides disappear when you hit a message box, so plan your level around that. For example, you can add a sublevel without layer 3 at the start/midpoint, and include your message there.
Updates since 1.5:
1. Applied the awesome patch that RPG Hacker created - VWF Dialogues Tool.
2. Added some fake HDMA.
3. The trampoline in the Barrel Volcano has been replaced with another one. This time 2 times larger.
3. Blocked the ceiling in Wendy's Fortress.
4. Made Maikoopa to follow you to the top of the shaft in Wendy's Fortress.
5. The Dragon Coins are now T Coins.
6. The bonus game in Blue Path 2 is more fresh.
7. Added an actual reason on why you fight a Big Boo in the last level.
If I used a resource, that you made, but your name isn't in the readme, than contact me!
Notice: I'm having some problems with the sound on Snes9X. Useage of ZSNES or BSNES is recommended. fixme: music breaks on accurate emulators.
The design is very flat and repetitive. Sometimes, there aren't even eneimes as your obstacle, and it's really boring overall. There are no different gimmicks other than going right and avoiding enemies. I guess that, since it's a first world, the flatness can be justified, even so, even first worlds can be fun. Maybe the author could've varied in design here, but nope. A very flat hack in terms of design.
Aesthetics are more or less good. The author uses both vanilla and custom exgfx in his hack. Most of the times, the levels look good, although you can easily spot some silly palette errors here and there. Maybe some extra decoration would've been better in here, especially in the vanilla levels.
As only issue worth of mention, music breaks on accurate emulators.