Tip: After editing your overworld, make sure to use an EMPTY save file, as save files with progress may load Mario's position based on previous versions of the overworld. Note that altered level flags will also only take effect on new save files.
Nice hack. I think I got all exits.
On title screen, it says "96 exits" with a star by side.
Someone fixes it, please.
In general, this hack is so easy. I beated several levels by first try, including the "Bowser Castle".
Only just got into playing ROM hacks (SNES Classic mini) and I'm so glad I did! Super Mario World is my favourite game of all time so when I found this 105 exit epic I couldn't wait to get it patched!
Just the star world to go for me now but I've really enjoyed every minute of the many hours I've spent playing so far. Music is great, and also the variety of themes and backgrounds used including the retro themed bonus sections.
So, Thanks for the hack and keep them coming!
(I got Luigi and the Island of Mystery patched today ready for when I finish this one!)
Amazing! The amount of custom objects in this are amazing. The difficulty was perfect and consistent throughout, and each level was satisfying and new. 10/10
P.S. The key jumping section in excavation site at the end was tricky. I guess I'll never play a pit...
• Solid level design, with a good understanding of enemy/obstacle placement and where to give the player instruction
• Many longer levels, which is nice
• Good bosses
• Variety of creative level themes/aesthetics, many of which hark back to other older Mario/Nintendo games and are an intriguing surprise, but...
• With all the enemies/aesthetics/music from other games it almost feels like you're not really playing SMW sometimes. Some people will enjoy this but I prefer things a little more vanilla
• Reliance on P-switch gets a little stale
• Fairly challenging difficulty, mostly for the better, but Mid-endgame can sometimes be frustrating/cheap
• Good final castle. Other highlights include Prickle Peak and Dark Cave's secret exits, Forsaken Cabin, Sparta
• I thought the music choices were a bit of a mixed bag
• Takes 6-12 hours to beat/100%
i love the overworld, i love that enemys look different based on what the world theme is i think the difficulty is really nice its just a really great hack
things i dont like: toooo many ways in a lot of levels. if it wasnt on emulator i had to replay some levels 2-4 times just to see every path
world 1-4 all are just to get the yellow switch palace which you need to get to world 5. but with a well timed "feather" flight you can basically skip world 1-4 completely.
yoshis: they are hidden in levels which is kinda cool but usually they are of no real use you dont need to find them and 1-2 levels later there is a door or a passage that you cant take them with you it feels nice to find them but after finding them you can just drop them instant.
A severe security issue has been found in ZSNES that puts users at risk, including the possibility to compromise the operating system. It is known to affect builds of ZSNES 1.51 and older on any OS. We advise players to switch emulators until ZSNES is updated. Hacks currently accepted on this site are known to be safe to run in ZSNES, although a few are unsupported, and many older hacks in the "Temporary" section will only run in ZSNES. It is strongly discouraged to play unmoderated hacks in ZSNES due to the nature of this bug: do so at your own risk. If a user is found to put a malicious exploit in their hack through ZSNES and either submit or link it on SMW Central, they will be dealt with as such.