Makes it so you need to be big and hold the down key for spinjumping, just like in Super Mario Land 2. This would also allow you to spinjump no matter if you press A or B.
Requested by LMPuny I guess?
(ignore mario being small on the gif)
This patch meshes nicely with SMW's gameplay and makes for some more dynamic platforming options. In tinkering with it, though, I ran into a few small oddities that seem worth pointing out:
1. "Duck-jumping" is effectively disabled; jumping while holding Down forces the player to stand and spin.
2. Sliding off of a slope, through the air and onto the ground below will break the sliding state while airborne by forcing the player to spin.
3. Not a bug, but unlike the standard spin jump, the player may start spinning while holding an item.
4. In the unmodified game, placing Yoshi on a turn block and spin jumping on his back while big would break the block and allow more blocks to be broken until landing on normal ground. With this patch, only the first block can be broken, and only if the player lands on Yoshi's back on the frame of his idle "bouncing" animation in which Yoshi is physically touching the ground. That multiple blocks can't be broken seems to be a design choice; the issue is more the inconsistency of breaking the first block.
5. A rather silly one, but holding Down and pressing into the wall behind a purple wall-run triangle makes the player and SFX spazz out (briefly becomes airborne over and over again).
3 and 4 are more design preference, but 1 and 2 (and 5) could be addressed by checking $16 to activate the spin, and $15 to keep spinning.