Super Puzzle Land 1/2 were released during the previous C3, but I never formally submitted them to the site because I know they would never get accepted.
Both were unfair, inconsistent, and uninteresting.
I decided to fix up SPL2, and submit it. I didn't do this for SPL1 because some of the tricks in it would never get accepted. SPL2 at least had a chance. I added custom music, changed the palettes, fixed most of the levels, and it's now much better.
It can also be done savestateless, though it isn't recommended to first-time players.
This game's story picks up where SPL1 left off. Here's a summary:
Mario traveled to the puzzle islands to find his missing ball, and eventually found it.
Ok so glad you included some sort of hint in that level.
This hack seemed simple, but well elaborate. The puzzles were also simple and never become a chore, although some of them could be improved. The ones involving big boo aren't really "puzzles", and neither does that one key challenge.
> What's the point of the throw block in the last room of CI5 Memories? It serves no purpose besides just staying there, and it becomes pointless once you're with yoshi and a P-switch in that room.
> There are two lone message blocks near the goal orb in Scaling the Mound that become unnecessary once you throw the shell up to the angel blocks and kick it onto the ? blocks (all of that while the P-switch timer is on).
> You only need one switch in Only Two Switches, because the rope will fall through the ground and you can still trigger the rope glitch that way.
> The puzzle in No P-switch is totally broken by simply throwing the shell provided to the turn block containing the key. It would be better if the shell was placed near the key, not on the floor I'm in.
And I think that's it for now. It's accepted, but if you submit another version, find a way to fix the breaks I listed.
1) Remove all munchers
2) Get mushroom from yellow block at the beginning
3) Activate the directional coins and create coins above the boss door (Leaving a 1 tile gab between the coins and the floor above the boss door)
4) Duplicate the blue p-switch by stepping on it and grabbing it with yoshi's tongue
5) Spit the blue p-switch into through the wall to the boss door
6) Spinjump in the 1 tile gab above the boss door to clip into the room
7) Put the p-switch below the door, jump on it and press up on the frame you hit the p-switch
8) Beat the boss
Again not sure if that's the intended solution but that's how I did it.
1) Double grab the 2 p-switches then hit the yoshi block by throwing both p-switches at it (Creating two yoshis)
2) Place the visible yoshi on the brown blocks and sit on the invisible one.
3) Place one p-switch on the clouds, take the other one and hit the one on the clouds.
4) Activated the silver p-switch and get into the pipe
5) Duplicate the blue p-switch by stepping on it and grabbing it with yoshi's tongue
6) Throw the p-switch on the cloud and use yoshi to jump over it.