|Name:||Super Dram World 2|
|Description:||This ROM Hack is dedicated to one of my good friends, Dram55. It is the sequel to Super Dram World, which I also created in 2015. Dram55 is a Super Mario World Speedrunner who has held numerous World Records in the past. He has showcased some of his speedruns at Games Done Quick marathons and will (hopefully) return from the war soon.
This hack aims to be as vanilla as possible, attempting to keep that nostalgic, authentic feel to it. A special world is also included for any 100%'ers out there. An added bonus (which is actually useful) is given to those that complete the special world. The hack also includes a built-in death counter.
Special thanks to Kaizoman (Thomas) for helping me fix a lot of bugs as well as creating a lot of the ASM used in the hack. Another thanks to Umari0, who has helped rigorously playtest and point out any bugs found during the playtesting phase.
v1.1 (July 31, 2017)
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to keep Yoshi after dying in "The Cape Escape"
- Fixed a bug that gave Mario's Overworld sprite a halo after receiving exorbitant amounts of 1-ups
- Fixed the grammar in two of the message boxes
- Removed a skip that allowed players to skip the second half of "Dram's Bathtub"
- Added an additional throw block in "The Chase" to make it easier to grab (grabbing a throw block depends on if Mario is facing the throw block or not)
- Adjusted the second half of "The Cetacean Cavern" to make it slightly easier
- Adjusted the final fight to remove an unnecessary effect
- Added a few more troll pipes for fun
- Changed the troll room's pipe to lead back to the troll room
v1.11 (August 1, 2017)
- Fixed a graphical bug that showed Mario exiting a pipe in mid-air in the second half of "Avogadro's Constant"
- Removed a skip that will still possible in the second half of "Dram's Bathtub"
- Removed a skip that allowed walking over the turn blocks in "The Mushroom Palace"
v1.2 (August 5, 2017)
- As of this version, NO MORE UPDATES will be added. This will be the final version
- Fixed the end of "The Cape Escape" to play the correct music
- Fixed the death room of "The Adulthood" to play the correct music
- Fixed a minor bug that occasionally prevented blocks from being activated when hit with an item, such as a Baby Yoshi or P-Switch
- Revamped the dolphin spawns in "The Cetacean Cavern" to make the second half of the level much more enjoyable
- Removed a potential softlock near the end of "The Statues of Dram"
- Removed a skip that allowed players to skip parts of "The Statues of Dram"
- Reverted the change made in v1.1 for "The Chase" and fixed being able to grab a throw block while facing the other way
- Adjusted the aim of the fireballs for the final fight to make it feel less luck
- Added a minor easter egg in "The Adulthood"
- Added even more troll pipes for fun
|Comments:||17 (jump to comments)|
Download 136.59 KiB | 17,299 downloads