Language…
9 users online: Bullymario, Children's Digest 1950-2009, CONLUSH666, DasFueller, Flaming Hot Toons, Gulaschko, KaidenThelens, kiki79250, schema_tuna - Guests: 39 - Bots: 120
Users: 56,236 (2,275 active)
Latest user: AlexSMWMaker

Sprite Seed v3.2

SMW Sprites → Sprite Seed v3.2

Submission Details

Name: Sprite Seed v3.2
Author: K3fka
Added:
Version History: View
Tool: PIXI
Type: Standard
Dynamic: No
Disassembly: No
Includes GFX: No
Description: Changes in this version are listed in the readme.
This is a carryable sprite that "grows" into another sprite when it touches water (the sprite to become is changable via a define in the ASM).
Enjoy and please give credit if used!

Note: Don't forget to enable sprite buoyancy!
Tags: buoyancy carryable lorom pacifist sa-1 water
Comments: 7 (jump to comments)
Rating:
5.0 (1 rating)
No rating
Download 2.64 KiB | 425 downloads

Screenshots

View all

Comments (7)

 MarioFanGamer From older version: Sprite Seed v3.1 Link
My bad! That being said, I have submitted another update which also had improvised the carry routine and sprite spawning stuff.
 RussianMan From older version: Sprite Seed v3.1 Link
Ok, I checked it on SA-1 and it gives error with branch that is out of bounds. Shrug.
 Telinc1 From older version: Sprite Seed v3.1 Link
I took a look at the thing's code and it actually appears to be SA-1 compatible (sprite tables use the defines and absolute addresses are OR'd with !Base2). I haven't tested it, however.
Mogu94 From older version: Sprite Seed v3.1 Link
Hmm...alright. I mean I don't understand why they wouldn't be converted to SA-1 at this point because it's a very handy chip to use with your rom but if that's not a "necessary" step in this remoderation, ok...
Edit: I was assuming that it wasn't SA-1 compatible because taking it through the converter converts a lot of addresses.
 RussianMan From older version: Sprite Seed v3.1 Link
It doesn't have SA-1 tag, which means it's not SA-1 compatible. I think it's not necessary to convert them to SA-1.
Mogu94 From older version: Sprite Seed v3.1 Link
Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't appear to be converted to SA-1. Wasn't that a step for remoderation?

I'm assuming it was partially remoderated because the tag is gone and it says PIXI for the tool to use.
 MarioFanGamer From older version: Sprite Seed v3.1 Link
This sprite works fine.

The changes I made besides shared subroutines are that the properties are controlled by the CFG file, added SubOffScreen and changed the SFX number (kind of: the SFX played at a different channel but that is a bit hacky and causes a couple problems in AMK).

That being said, a couple codes can be more optimised like that this sprite calls GetDrawInfo twice (once in the graphics routine and once in the sprite code). It also is one of the sprites which can benefit of Extra Bytes so once PIXI properly supports them.