A Lakitu that looks like the one from SMB3. It can throw a normal or custom sprite depending on the extra bit, and also has an option to use the Extra Byte 1 (Extension) as the spawned sprite number. A boss variation of Lakitu is also included.
Note that if you want Lakitu to respawn after being killed, you should use Sonikku's Sprite Respawner.
1. Download the sprite you want and PIXI from the tools page.
2. Extract the .zip folders
3. Place the .asm and .cfg (or .json) files into PIXI's 'sprite' folder
4. Create a new text document and name it 'list.txt'
5. Type the sprite number (0-FF) you want your sprite to be, followed by the sprites name. Here's some examples
Dont forget to save the txt file before closing!
6. Add any other extra elements from the sprite folder to PIXI's folders. The extra elements usually come in their specified folder. For example, place the files from the 'routines' folder from the sprite's folder into the 'routines' folder for PIXI
Be sure to back up your ROM before using the sprite tool, just in case.
7. Run the sprite tool (PIXI.exe) a command prompt window should appear. Drag and drop your ROM into the command prompt window, then press enter. If it says "all sprites inserted successfully", than you're good! If you get an error, let me know about it and I'll help you with it.
Placing sprites in Lunar Magic:
If your sprite's option file was .json then all you have to do is open the "add sprites" window in Lunar Magic then go Into the "custom collection of sprites" tab and place it like you would any other sprite.
If your sprite's option file was .cfg, follow these Steps below:
1. Press the 'Insert' key on your keyboard. Make sure you are in sprite editing mode!
2. Type your sprite number in the 'command' box, then type 2 in the 'extra bits' box, or 3 if your sprite behaves differently with the third bit. Press OK, and your sprite will appear in the top corner of the first screen. It will look like an X tile, and will say "an unidentified custom sprite" when you hover over it, but that's your sprite! Now move it to the location you want.
If I forgot something, or you get an error, let me know what it is and I'll do my best to help.
Previously part of Davros' Lakitu and Spiny pack, resubmitted separately for ease of search and to fit current standards. This one got lots of optimization, too. Read the readme.txt for more details. Added screenshots, tags, and SA-1 support.
EDIT: I overlooked CFG extra byte count config. Now it doesn't require the sprite to be inserted in slots B0-BF to make use of LM's extension field.