Harkness finds out his Chipotle order was wrong and seeks revenge...
Dedicated to my good friend Harkness, this beginner style kaizo hack will test your skills in a (mostly) fair and fun way.
- Fixes a major oversight in the Overworld.
- Changes/re-worked various jumps
- Fix midway spawn in The Revel Flesh
- Fix entrances in Journey's End
- Prevent riding eerie to the end of Bait and Switch
- Added a death counter-less version for SNES Classic players
- Fixes being able to skip a switch in Death in Heaven
- Added Autoscroll L/R scrolling softlock fix
- Adjusted second mushroom spawn in The Hungry Earth
- Fix ability to skip a level on the overworld
Just played through this whole hack today. This is a wonderful hack that's just a little bit harder than QW2 but a little more old school. The first couple levels had some setups that felt a little esoteric but the readability in the rest of the hack is on point. 5/5
Very fun hack, I really enjoyed going through it and the kaizo blocks were well placed. I'd say the first two levels had a weird difficulty compared to where it is but that might've just been me being bad.
This was my second kaizo hack after Quickie World (and L2K) and it felt like a nice step up in difficulty. Most exits took me ~1 hour, the only real exception being TheKink Below, where I was stuck for several hours at
the Yoshi dismount to shell jump
. Overall I had a lot of fun, and would recommend this to beginners as a good first or second hack.
For some reason no matter what type of console/emulator I use, there is no death counter. Aside from that minor upset, this is one of the easier kaizo hacks I have played, but definitely the best one too.
Came into this right after Korosu and instantly found it much easier. The first jump of the first level takes a little bit of thinking as it isn't exactly what it seems but aside from that it is a great beginner kaizo hack.
Fair, fun, and just the right ammount of challenging. Levels flow really well, look sharp, and sound amazing. Wasn't a big fan of the asm anticheese and the bait & switch level, but that's a very minor nitpick. 5/5