This hack should have had SS1, but now that I have SS2 completed, here are some of the pros and cons of the 34-exit hack.
- Some of the levels are fun to play, such as "Sand Fort" and "Phanto".
- Fire Birdo Tower has a beautifully designed vertical level gameplay and have a well-designed boss battle.
- Intro text has terrible grammar.
- Most of the levels in the hack contain flat and boring gameplay.
- The levels near the end were rushed. "Rushed" because of the quantity of difficulty came before the quality of level design and gameplay.
- Screen slowdowns due to the excessive amount of sprites.
- Repetitive power-ups.
- Can skip over the note block bridge in "Sand Piranhas".
I understand it's a sequel, but the lack of variety on power-ups, the nearly unfair difficulty near the end of this hack, and flat level design were part of the bottom line. To be honest, some levels were great in the hack, but it could be better if you make "quality comes before quantity" (in enemies and difficulty combined).