Tip: Layer 3 backgrounds and tides disappear when you hit a message box, so plan your level around that. For example, you can add a sublevel without layer 3 at the start/midpoint, and include your message there.
You play as Bob Ross on his way to beat the devil.
Levels were inspired by paintings shown on Bobs series The Joy of Painting.
54 exits (18 exits X 3 modes)
First of all, if you think this game is trash, this update will not change your mind. However, if you liked it or thought it had potential, this update might surprise you.
So, i was a bit reluctant about making this update, because the game is kinda old and all.. but i guess theres no shame about trying to make something better.
This is intended to be its last update.
Whats different about this update:
- added music
- added coin indicators
- improved consistency
- ===tried=== to reduce jankiness
- reduced inactivity time
- made the advanced mode a bit less tight (still tight tho)
- 1 new level (3 modes)
- several minor and major changes to all the levels of every mode
- p-switch indicator so it doesnt mess with the music
- removed death counter (problems with related patch.. and to improve compatibility)
- changed difficulty modes from Baby/Light/Hard to Beginner/Moderate/Advanced
(apparently some people find "baby" offensive..)
important to know:
- Most of the vertical pipes are easier to enter than the vanilla pipes
- Rng resets every time you enter a room (or death)
- removed rng timer from Reznors fireballs (now they spit consistenly, for a more predictable fight)
- Minor adjutment to cape physics (you cant slow down too much to the point where you cannot rebound.. much easier to control)
Great aesthetics, some great levels, and some really really frustrating ones. Overall not bad; made me better at some tricks, but I feel like a decent bit of it fell flat for me, if I'm 100% honest. I'd say 4/5 (boosted mostly by the aesthetics to be honest, as well as the massive improvement with the update).
I had a lot of fun playing this hack, it has come a long way from what it used to be. Much more polished and definitely something I would expect after playing through Claustrophobia. Music was a nice touch and complimented the already amazing atmosphere of the levels.