|Name:||The Joy of Kaizo|
|Description:||You play as Bob Ross on his way to beat the devil.
Levels were inspired by paintings shown on Bobs series The Joy of Painting.
54 exits (18 exits X 3 modes)
First of all, if you think this game is trash, this update will not change your mind. However, if you liked it or thought it had potential, this update might surprise you.
So, i was a bit reluctant about making this update, because the game is kinda old and all.. but i guess theres no shame about trying to make something better.
This is intended to be its last update.
Whats different about this update:
- added music
- added coin indicators
- improved consistency
- ===tried=== to reduce jankiness
- reduced inactivity time
- made the advanced mode a bit less tight (still tight tho)
- 1 new level (3 modes)
- several minor and major changes to all the levels of every mode
- p-switch indicator so it doesnt mess with the music
- removed death counter (problems with related patch.. and to improve compatibility)
- changed difficulty modes from Baby/Light/Hard to Beginner/Moderate/Advanced
(apparently some people find "baby" offensive..)
important to know:
- Most of the vertical pipes are easier to enter than the vanilla pipes
- Rng resets every time you enter a room (or death)
- removed rng timer from Reznors fireballs (now they spit consistenly, for a more predictable fight)
- Minor adjutment to cape physics (you cant slow down too much to the point where you cannot rebound.. much easier to control)
All modes can be beaten RTA.
My RTA playthrough can be watched on the links below. Notice this is not a speedrun.. Videos were recorded during the playtesting process during several different days.
WARNING: this game contains what can be interpreted as "satanic" and subliminal messages/imagery. If you are easily offended by this kind of stuff, please, avoid playing this game.
|Tags:||asm custom character exgfx hdma traditional variety|
|Comments:||44 (jump to comments)|
Download 766.78 KiB | 7,447 downloads