While I was busy making my 100 other hacks I decided I would release this one. this is the first smw hack to feature a working music playlist option, simply pause the game and press X to switch songs in game. Note that there will be some minor bugs or problems here and there as this is not even close to a full release. Enjoy!
Actually i think this is a really really fun hack, with great platforming and lots of really interesting and creative setups.
Difficulty is right on point, not being too easy neither too hard, but for sure it can be challenging.
To the problematic part:
Theres some minor cutoff here and there easily fixable for the final release.
(eg.: number of exits on titlescreen is just some random tile sometimes.. ive seen cutoffs in the propeller level in the middle of clouds, etc)
On that birdo fight its hard to tell whats solid or not.
The big problem with this hack is it sometimes get lost with all kinds of asm, which sometimes are completely unnecessary and doesnt add much to the gameplay, if anything.
Just to point a few:
- I really dont see any benefit of having the inputs display. Maybe to a streammer who doesnt own an adapter for it it could be useful, but personally i think it takes way too much space on the screen, and doesnt serve any purpose other than just curiosity.
- The music change feature seems to interest a lot of people, but i dont see it being used like ever. Its just annoying, you cant see which music is playing, it doesnt play when you are changing, and i think it takes away a part of the aesthetic of the level. More useful i think would be to be able to just mute the music while keeping the sfx so the player can just put his mp3 when hes bored of the same thing.
- Throwblocks.. grabbing it feels so janky. Im not sure if this is how it is with mario maker. But as a smw player it feels terrible. Very counterintuitive.
- First level has some weird stuff when hit the message blocks, and some of those black lines appearing on top of the screen from time to time. Not sure if its caused by asm or by the dynamic sprite.
- Theres a level Mario able to hit on/off switches with fireballs, without any indication it was possible. Took me a while just to figure it out.
- Another thing is Mario shoots fireballs up when pressing up.. its very counterintuitive since this is not a vanilla mechanic, and its not even used in the hack. Feels very weird and janky (specially on that part you have to throw the spring up and shoot the fireballs to the 0n/off on the left).
I'm happy that this hack has a sequel on the schedule, but...
this time, from a tired person because many versions released for EVERY Kaizo Light Hack...
please, make this sequel in order to not have 100 updates like the first game XD
Alas... I'm ipressed for the change OST feature!! It deserve 5 stars this demo only for that^^ and I don't love too much the demo versions of any hack