Newest version of Snes9x for Windows, released November 10, 2018. Announcement thread with full changelog here. Builds for Linux, MacOSX and libretro are found here.
Important changes in v1.57:
- Various seta010 emulation fixes.
- Pass blargg OAM tests with proper write behavior.
- Prevent interlacing in BG modes 1-4.
- Corrected IRQ and NMI emulation to allow more games to work properly.
- Added sprite-tile limit disabling hack.
- Add overclocking hack that increases IPC.
- Proper write behavior for register $2122.
- Increase SuperFX speed to more accurately represent hardware, and fix bugs with Stunt Race FX and Yoshi's Island.
- Many fixes to variables not saved or saved incorrectly in save states.
- Pass decimal tests in blargg's math test ROMs.
- Remove memory leak in loadzip.cpp.
- Fix screen size not reverting when overscan is turned on then off mid-frame.
- Include DirectDraw libraries and compile with DirectDraw support by default.
- Add a link to DirectX installer in error message displayed when the needed DirectX libraries can't be found.
- Remove d3d9x DLL dependency by using DirectXMath.
- Remove rarely-used HLSL shader option.
- Disable BG toggle keys by default.
- Remove ability to disable the SNES's hires modes.