A sprite insertion tool made to allow more dynamic sprite usage, space savings and more SA-1 compatibility when compared to old iterations.
Despite this, it is almost fully compatible with sprites written for older SpriteTools, save for the fact that Asar is now used as the assembler.
Detailed usage instructions, common errors and changes compared to older sprite tools can be found in the included readme.txt file. Version history can be found in changelog.txt.
Now with Lunar Magic 3.00 support and a lot more reliable. Other changes include:
- Recompiled with new g++. Added namespace as a fix for the macro sublabel shenanigan.
- Updated Asar dll to 1.61.
- SA-1 16bit sprite data pointer support.
- FastROM pagination sprite data pointer support.
- GetMap16 and ChangeMap16 were replaced by Akaginite's implementation. Added support to new LM.
- Sprite 7B is entirely reserved to LM, so nothing inserted in the 7B slot will work as a custom sprite.
- SubOffScreen updated to consider new LM settings.
- Fixed a bug with SubOffScreen, it would run all checks even when the sprite is on screen.
- Aiming routine update to use Akaginite's version.
- All routines were updated to use ?+/?- instead of +/- to avoid redefines outside the routine context.
There's an issue with this release I caused. I set the perlevel flag in asm/main.asm as default 0. This apparently causes issues with inserting / spawning shooters.
I will make a new pixi release (1.2.5) and I will turn off the perlevel feature by default (currently it's turned half on, which is not good, prior versions were on). Shouldn't take long for the release to be submitted.
Meanwhile, you can use the good old -npl flag and make a bat with it like:
pixi.exe -npl <your rom's name.smc>
*pause is optional*
*save it as <whatever name you want>.bat*
Next release this flag will do nothing but won't cause any harm and a new flag called -pl will be added to toggle perlevel insertion.
Any questions or issues, you can find me in discord.