Do you wanna play cool shell levels but you're not nearly as good as GlitchCat or DaWildGrim?
Do you wanna juggle dead animal parts just for fun?
Do you wanna impress all the other kids with your amazing Super Mario World skills?
Then here is what you're looking for: Shell's Retriever
A kaizo hack that is entirely based on shell jumps and shell tricks that connect with each other making one fluid and visually pleasing motion. It's the perfect way to get started in this kinda level design since there's not too many options out there and the options are generally a little bit too hard.
It's not a easy game, but it's not brutal. It's fair, It's fun, it doesn't have any trolls and the levels are pretty short. It's a repectable challenge for a somewhat experienced SMW Player
I really hope you have fun with it
WARNING: The last level is really hard. Way harder than the rest of the game. Grinding is great way to get good, if you like to see things in a positive way
This might be the only update i'm going to release
- A couple of tweaks in "The Second Level", "The Ice Cave Level", "The Ultra Star-ish" and "The Final Stage", making them more consistent and a little bit easier
- Applied the Frame Rules patch
- Applied the Counter Break patch
- Fixed the glitched graphics of the ON/OFF switches in "The Platforming One"
- Fixed the glitch where the sprites facing direction were wrong when you enter the level for the first time
- Used a more recent version of AddmusicK so the game is less likely to crash
- Added a new shell jumping practice room
- Now you can start+select out of levels at any time you want
- Changed the location of the secret pipe in "The Final Stage"
beat this hack 3 times! very very satisfied with every aspect of this hack! also, what's the blue trail of coins to the pipe below the secret exits goal? I tried reaching it with a backwards shell drop on the platform, but you can only get 2~ blocks away from it
Really really fun hack for testing the player.. not too long of levels that feel like they are dragging on I cant wait for the sequel again awesome job super fun great for intermediate players that are still trying to understand shell jumps and everything along with it or high skilled players that just want a fun easy hack