This is a custom Reznor sprite based on yoshicookiezeus's disassembly. I modified it to allow easy customizations of the Reznor boss fight, which include:
1) Edit the number of Reznors (up to 8);
2) Edit the position and radius of the circle;
3) Edit their rotation speed and direction;
4) Edit their fireball shooting behaviour (or remove it altogether);
5) Set that you can stop them from moving while a certain switch is active;
6) Set that the circle radius changes back and forth between two values;
7) Set the HP of each Reznor, so that they have to be hit more than once to be killed;
8) Set that Reznors can be damaged by thrown sprites (shells, keys, throw blocks...);
9) If the extra bit is set, when beating all the Reznors a door will appear instead of the level ending (for a boss rush?);
All information can be found in the readme file.
- Fixed the bugs pointed out by RussianMan.
- Moved the defines to a separate file.
- Added some defines, and better position customization (you're not restricted anymore to screen 00).
- Added puff of smoke when the platforms disappear (the last screenshot doesn't show it because I'm too lazy to update it).
- Used PIXI's shared routines for aiming and rotation, and overall improvements in the code.
- Full SA-1 support.
- Mode 7 support (with screenshot).
- Included a .pal file if you what to import the standard Reznor palette.
Either way, the sprite works fine for the most part. Only issue is the rather wonky platform and the fact that the bridge destruction is glitchy even on Mode 7.
Definitively useful for more interesting Reznor battles.