Newest version of Snes9x for Windows, released February 27, 2019. Release page with full changelog here (1.59.2 only had a few bugfixes), along with source code and builds for Linux, macOS and libretro.
Important changes in v1.59:
- Count clock cycles to synchronize SA1 with S-CPU properly. Based mostly on work by Vitor Vilela.
- Only allow instant IRQ when toggling IRQ.
- Refactored APU output code to buffer less on the client side. Removed 8-bit, Mono, and Reverse Stereo options.
- Consistently handle interlacing when we skip frames.
- Changed APU clock to reflect nominal values for original hardware.
- Fix C4 square instruction regression.
- Don't display Joypad 2 pressed keys if disabled.
- Removed glitch-prone DirectSound audio driver in favor of a generic Wave Out driver.
- Moved sound sync to drivers to be more reactive. This makes sound sync and dynamic resampling work more reliably.
- Cleaned up dialog boxes to be more consistently spaced.
- Fixed TVMode filter in Direct3D and OpenGL modes.
- Fixed an interaction slowdown with OpenGL and Blargg NTSC filters.
I cleaned up some of the submission details like tags (removed the snes9x tag), website (made it link to homepage, not forum), and author (changed it back to snes9x team since bearoso and ov2 aren't the only people who have worked on snes9x).