A hack I started all the way back in 2015, that tries to use vanilla resources in an innovative way - mixing and matching tilesets between FG, BG and sprite, changing a couple of sprite graphics, improving point and coin rewards, using features the base game has but leaves unused, reworking the vanilla map progression, and all-around breathing new life into the base resources given through just what Lunar Magic can do.
A very entertaining hack, with wonderful palettes ans very nice fresh ideas while still staying fully vanilla =]
I agree, a custom overworld would have been nice (I've searched for long minutes for the secret exit of #2 GH, but there is not, so all this unused overworld space feels a bit weird ^^)
Most of the levels can be cape-cheesed, which is a bit sad because in levels such as "Cavern of No" there is no need to follow the intended puzzle to go to the end, same thing goes for the secret exit.
Difficulty is OK, with last level being significantly harder but totally beatable. As BeeKaaaay noticed, I also found only 28 exits.
For information, if you are using ZSNES, the game freezes when playing the last level (when you enter the door at the end of the yellow room), I had no problem using SNES9X though.
Accepted as "Hard" difficulty because the final level is a bit much for "Normal". I was also only able to find 28 exits, so I've adjusted the exit count.
A custom overworld and some kind of definitive ending/credits would have been nice. Your choice of 1F0 block graphics was also unusual. There was some cutoff in the yellow room of the final level (e.g. the naked pipes). None of the tags you used in the submission were valid hack tags (see here for a list).
That said, the level design was sufficiently good to warrant acceptance.