Tip: Switch palace switches normally disappear if you replay the level. However, if you insert them as direct Map16 and use the hex edit at $00EEB2 in the ROM map, you can replay the level without a problem.
This patch introduces the ability to use Reznor's fireball outside of boss rooms; by setting $1765,x(y), you can enable a larger projectile for both the aimed Reznor Fireball and the Spitfire Jumping Piranha Plant's fireball. Additionally, this patch also includes the ability to change the palette and tilemap of the Reznor Fireball, so that you can easily accommodate it if you're not using the default Reznor.
The "Main Changes" section only displays immediate effects, while "Technical Changes" may only affect certain other code.
- Adds information about Reznor's fireball's tilemap/palette and allows them to be changed if desired.
- Changes Reznor's fireballs to use a flag ($1765,x). Previously, the 16x16 fireballs were only available inside Mode 7 Boss Room levels.
- This flag, if cleared, uses an 8x8 graphic and the original collision. If set, the 16x16 boss room graphic displays and changes the clipping to the same as the hammer extended sprite's.
- Creates a hijack at $029B16 so that it can clear an address that is used as a sort of pseudo-init routine.
- Moves the frame increment code of the Hammer's animation rate to the sprite's graphics routine, as it uses the same address as what is used as a flag for the fireballs in this patch.