A recreation of the Goombud from Super Mario Maker 2. Virtually identical to the standard Galoomba except that it will stay on ledges.
The behavior of the sprite has a few settings that you can set via the Extension field when placing the sprite into the level:
- x00 - Standard Goombud
- x01 - Winged Goombud (identically to sprite x10, the Winged Goomba)
- x02 - Para-Goombud, flying left (identically to sprite x08, the green Para-Koopa)
- x03 - Para-Goombud, bouncing (identically to sprite x09; initial Y position determines jump height, the green Para-Koopa)
- x04 - Para-Goombud, flying horizontally in intervals (identically to sprite x0A, the red Para-Koopa)
- x05 - Para-Goombud, flying vertically in intervals (identically to sprite x0B, the red Para-Koopa)
- x06 - Para-Goombud, oscillating vertically while flying to the left (identically to sprite x39, the Eerie)
--- Setting the Extra Bit will cause it to spawn four others (similarly to sprite xDE, the cluster of Eeries)
- x07 - Sliding Goombud (identically to sprite xBD, the sliding blue shell-less Koopa)
If you set the 5th bit of the Extension, it'll act like a standard Galoomba instead (i.e. adding "10"; i.e. "16" for an Eerie pattern standard Para-Galoomba). This is relegated to a secondary function solely so the standard Galoomba can have the same winged/sliding variants as the Goombud.
(I'll refer this sprite as a Galoomba as that's ultimately the original enemy and Galoombud is a "mere" variation and should have been this.) Although most of them work fine, there were a couple issues: The first issue is that non-standard ways of knocking them over (that means, through bounce blocks/quakes/cape) doesn't change their state (it's only done when jumping on a Galoomba), the second issue is that horizontal flying Galoombas don't have working hitboxes unless they're the ones who kill a different sprite and the third issue is that you use SpawnSprite to spawn 5 Galoombas at the same time but this also means two Galoombas are put in that slot if it isn't already filled with a power up or et al.
Other then that, this sprite works as it is and is otherwise a good advanced Galoomba (seriously, why Galoombuds instead of Galoombas)!