What began as an earnest attempt to learn Lunar Magic by making a simple, beginner-friendly hack is now here, in its (hopefully) finished state, an easy-to-intermediate kaizo hack.
Warning, there are cape levels. Yes, levels. There are three flying levels, four cape levels total. While I think they're fair, they're not especially easy. I finished Panga World and Volpey's Friend just before creating these, and the sins of the fathers are indelibly present here. I felt this all necessary to mention since the average kaizo hack has something like .75 cape levels in it.
The rest of the hack involves precise jumps, a splash of item abuse, a little chocolate, and a few trolls for good measure. The usual kaizo fare. The game overall should be a relatively simple obstacle to more experienced players.
This hack is dedicated to my very good friend, Solstng, who helped me immensely during the early stages of my transition. This is the least I could do in return.
And I sincerely hope, if you give it a go, that you enjoy your time.
Changes in 1.1
- Fixed the intro music loop.
- Changed the setups in "The Silver Diner" and "BeeKaay Taught Me" for clarity and to remove unfair difficulty.
- Made a SNES Classic compatible version, removing the giant seamines, podoboos, and footballs from their respective levels. These objects have been replaced in the SNES Classic version with similarly difficult obstacles.
- Altered music volumes so that everything stays relatively even and nothing is annoyingly loud.
- Added something like 10-12 secrets throughout the hack. If there's an open pipe, there's a secret.
- Made some minor alterations to sprites and palettes for visibility.
- Altered some setups slightly in various levels to accommodate the above changes. In the case of "Megatransphobivania," because the spinys suddenly wouldn't move after a simple palette change.
I finally finished soup or solstng world! The cape levels were a pain but I am better for it! Thanks shovda for an awesome title.
Original post: I'm most of the way through this hack and apart from the muncher hill in MB's Cove and a few artifacts in that same level (explosions in the ground that are visually distracting) and the slowdown in Hank's Hair if you don't kill one of the Rexes completely this is a really well made and fun hack.
I can't figure out how to get past the blue koopa in Silver Diner though