This block allows you to purchase a Yoshi. It can be set up to purchase with either coins, lives, or a hybrid of either (lives if not enough coins, coins if not enough lives). You can also customize the cost for each payment method. Different colour Yoshis, with their respective abilities, can be spawned by changing the block's Y position.
Includes simple, optional ExGFX graphics. Palettes 5, 6 and 7 are suitable for the Green, Yellow and Blue Yoshis. Palette 3 is acceptable for Red Yoshi when set to FG palette 1, though a custom palette that uses pure red would be better. It is up to you to match the block's palette with the Y position you place it at; block colour is not linked to Yoshi colour.
Uses 1 byte of freeram as a flag related to removing baby Yoshi under certain conditions.
Yoshi is a tool to be used and discarded, and so is my block - Credit not necessary (but appreciated).
- Fixed a bug with the code that quantizes the block's X position.
- Fixed a bug where a baby Yoshi could be still removed even if the Yoshi spawn failed.
- Removed the egg hatching, since it was limited to certain sprite graphic sets. Yoshi now spawns directly from a puff of smoke, and falls to your feet.
- The block can now be triggered by kicked sprites, both horizontally and vertically.
- Taste the rainbow! The block can now spawn all 4 Yoshi colour types depending on it's Y position.
- Added an inverse hybrid method (lives, or coins if not enough lives).
- The coins/lives/hybrid/inverse method the block uses is now determined by the block's X position. You can now use all methods without needing to insert near-duplicates of the block.
- Added a check for a spawned baby Yoshi. Unlike a spawned adult Yoshi which will make the block do nothing, a spawned baby Yoshi will simply be deleted for the block to run.
- Added several other basic block designs to the ExGFX for you to use.
Personally, I would have used an option which a Yoshi instantly or not but oh well, the blocks still work. I also would have preferred a more customisable option where you the colour and cost isn't dependent on the position and a custom object also would have been nice. Nonetheless, I haven't seen any issues with it.