Tip: Remaking levels from other Mario games is strongly discouraged, especially popular ones (World 1-1 from SMB or SMB3, for example), as their over-presence in Mario games, official or not, often makes them uninteresting to play.
This patch will insert a red coin counter into your hack onto a configurable spot on the status bar. The counter functions just like the one in SM64, when you have 8 red coins, the secret exit flag is triggered. The red coin block is included.
This one is also an update to all previous buggy versions.
Updates (version 2.0 by Major Flare):
- The maximum number of coins are now customizable;
- Allows the user to use higher values (up to 99);
- Counter now locks up to the maximum coin count when it is reached (to prevent glitches);
- Made the block SA-1 properly, added customization options and made use of the %glitter() routine.
- Moved the hijack away from NMI and placed it into the vanilla status bar's code.
Nice patch, especially with the customization options available via the coin count and changing what secret exit is triggered. Everything seemed to work fine when testing, so it's accepted. This could probably be implemented via UberASM if someone wanted to convert it.