Press L or R to spawn an item in Yoshi's mouth. Works with shells of different colours, Goombas, Springs, P-Switches and Keys. Did not test every other sprites but I don't think anything else works properly. File includes settings at the top to select which sprite to use, timer for Yoshi's swallowing, and sounds.
Could I spawn either a Grinder or a Bowser statue fireball?
As I noted above I have not tested everything but I think the game initializes everything as acting like a shell when you spawn them or spit them with yoshi so most sprites just go bouncing like shells and whatnot when you spit them, there is probably a way to spawn more stuff but it would be more complicated than this simple code, feel free to try those though as I have not tried them and surprisingly goombas work somehow.
Tested with: Lunar Magic 3.11, UberASM Tool 1.4, SA-1 1.32, Snes9x 1.60. Works fine, so accepted.
During moderation I added SA-1 support, and made some small edits:
- Fixed error that caused the P-Switch to be gold and always behave as blue.
- Optimized finding Yoshi's slot by using $18DF instead of looping through all sprites.
- Removed "LDA #$01 : STA !15D0,y" since it was useless (and $15D0 gets cleared by $07F7D2 anyway).
Also added a few more options:
- Added an option for the SFX port.
- Added a Disco Shell option.
- Added an option to choose if to spawn the sprite only when riding Yoshi or always (default = only when riding him).