This sprite acts as a wrapper for any normal or custom sprite*, allowing it to easily be made line-guided at the cost of an extra sprite slot.
Check out the asm file for info on how to use it.
Original sprite by dtothefourth, I optimized it a bit and made some fixes:
- Now it works properly with Yoshi and with carryable sprites.
- Now it works properly when Yoshi or Baby Yoshi eat the sprite.
- Now the sprite won't respawn when the wrapped sprite is killed or collected (e.g. sprite killed with a spin jump, collected powerup).
- Now compatible with Line Guide Acts-Like fix.
- Small code optimizations.
- Added an option in the 4th extra byte to be used with platforms: if set, Mario will move with the platform instead of sliding on it (like normal line-guided platforms do).
- Now the sprite uses 8 extra bytes: the last 4 set the 4 extra bytes for the spawned sprite.
*Some sprites may not work properly, for example Rotating Platform and Ball n' Chain.
• Koopas + Shells + Disco Shell
• Info Box
• Carryable Sprite Killer
• Super Mario Bros & SMW Themed Flag/Flagpole
The original file included didn't fix the platforms sliding issue, but this was fixed by the author. There is still a small movement when Mario's on a platform, but it is much better and shouldn't be an issue in practice. The extra bytes get set correctly for spawned custom sprites, and everything else works as intended, so, update accepted.