|Name:||No More Sprite Tile Limits v1.2.1|
|Authors:||Arujus, MathOnNapkins, NoelYoshi, Tattletale, Vitor Vilela, edit1754|
|Requires Free Space:||Yes|
|Description:||This patch allows sprites to use more than a fixed amount of tiles. For all sprite headers. It is enabled in all sprite headers by default.
Same patch used by SA-1. I just converted it to fastROM.
Sprite header 08 has been altered to match sa-1's change to move it's max sprite slot header to 08 - therefore, I'm moving fastROM's max sprite slot header there too (same as 00 or 10). Sprite header 08 is unused in the original game.
DO NOT INSERT THIS WITH SA1, SA1 COMES WITH THIS ALREADY.
I added a few config flags so you can go back to header 10 and make it so it's only enabled in one sprite header.
Now the patch can search 2 additional slots ($34,$30). The Lakitu Cloud reserved slots have been moved to $28,$2C to accomodate this.
Added a compatibility flag that moves the sprite header back to 10.
Added a compatibility flag so that you can disable this patch from working in all sprite headers. Instead it will only be enabled for the configured sprite header.
Ported sa-1 code to fastROM.
Now enabled in all sprite headers.
Changed sprite header 08 to have the same amount of slots as sprite header 10 (or 00), to match sa-1's new max slot header. Sprite header 08 is unused.
|Tags:||lorom sprite sprite memory sprite tile tile|
|Comments:||25 (jump to comments)|
Download 3.60 KiB | 2,482 downloads
EDIT: I think I found it out I think it's just SA-1 but idk what fastrom means though does it mean you can import it to a modified ROM? Also how the heck do you even apply this?
EDIT 2: Lol I think I had an old version or something IDK It works now
• Lunar Magic 3.21
• Asar v1.71
• Snes9x v1.60
• bsnes plus v05
Works as intended, so, update accepted.
The only reason I downloaded it was because I'm using Romi's SMB1 Blooper in my hack and couldn't figure out how to get around it being a sprite memory hog. The patch may work out of the box, but it generates unbearable amounts of lag in levels that previously didn't have it, so I had to set the patch so that it would only be active on sprite memory index 10, and use that for the Bloopers.
I rate this a 3/5. It's a good patch in a pinch, but you shouldn't rely on it.
The settings are the same as the previous version, just read the notes in the asm file...
Should be okay.
I also updated the SA-1 version, which you can get here. This version adds 4 tiles to the search (2 if there's a Lakitu cloud spawned). Patching this will overwrite the one included in the SA-1 patch.
In which folder should I insert this patch, or how do I run it?
No more sprite tile is a generic patch that tries it's best to keep the original game tile displaying behaviour while allowing a more dynamic tile searching approach. It is slow.
This version is slower but has a lot more graphical fixes than the other one. So your call, slower but works fine, faster but buggy.
If you want to know what bugs are fixed in this version, here's a couple of them:
Hammer bro + platform fix
Fishing line for lakitu + fishing boo
Lakitu cloud + fishing boo cloud
Net door priority fixes
Boss fight fixes
Yoshi flickering other sprites bug
Behind scenary fix
And it also enables a couple more slots here and there.
So basically if you don't use the newest version you are up to find all those bugs, unless you use a different sprite header, which in this version is no longer needed and you can just use whatever. And if you do, you will lose nmstl, so yeah.
-Lunar Magic 3.02
Tested on LoROM and FastROM, and tested with !OldSpriteHeader and !EnabledForOneHeaderOnly options.
A must have for those who have sprite tile problems, due to crappy OAM management in original SMW.