This a very refreshing hack, with very colorful and well-designed levels.
I think however difficulty should be set to "very hard", especially the last levels which tend to get more kaizo-light-ish. However the game is quite forgiving and gives you plenty of power-ups/midway points.
10/10 (5 stars) Thank you very much, this was very pleasant to play and challenging =]
overall: if you are a fan of the new trend of 'standard:very hard' hacks that are comprised of easy kaizo levels but with various powerups strewn about, you should play this
1. i believe the difficulty is labeled incorrectly, in my opinion this is easier than some standard:hard hacks. and honestly, the 'standard' aspect is also a bit wavering
2. 90% of the mushrooms were not worth getting. it was usually dangerous to obtain, while the rest of the level (or up to the midway) was far easier.
3. the end of the tide level was really, really annoying. the fugumannen would stay directly under you inside of the ground, so i just decided to actually collect the mushroom in order to damage boost.
4. the mega mole level was very slow, a lot of waiting, and to top it all off: the secret exit was just 'play the entire level again, but go past the goal tape.'
5. the final level was one giant middle finger to all of the non-kaizo players who don't know what regrabbing is.
there is a lot more i could say, but honestly, i forgot most of what i played.
i will not give this hack a rating, but if i had to choose, i would go with a 2.5/5
i apologize if you find this review to be a bit harsh, these are just my honest thoughts.
Hack was a nice breezy play through. Beat it one sitting in under an hour and was pleasantly surprised at some of the level design.
The last level of the game is a bit rough, but I think that is intended. Overall, I really enjoyed the music and had a good time. I would recommend this to someone easing into hacks, but would caution that a good understanding of regrabs is important to finish 100%.